we would like to develop an equipment with GPU accelerated full-HD video H.264 blended with 0.5alpha still picture over it. No Android.
a) Is this intended equipment possible to do with GPU acceleration?
b) Is this possible to do it with g2d?
c) Is v4l2 supported by NXP in future? How to resize the movie in 800x600 window? Please see 5 below.
We use for testing:
1) i.MX6 Series SABRE for SmartDevices (MCIMX6DL-SDP) with LCD touch 1024x768
2) Linux imx6dlsabresd 4.1.15-2.1.0+g30278ab with compiled imx-gstreamer plugins
3) /sys/class/graphics/fb0: DISP3 BG - DI1 U:1024x768p-60 ldb 2-layer-fb-bg
/sys/class/graphics/fb1: DISP3 FG overlay 2-layer-fb-fg
/sys/class/graphics/fb2: DISP3 BG U:1920x1080p-60 hdmi 1-layer-fb
- (to fb0) movie: email@example.comFPS(M4V codec (M4V /M4A /mp42/isom))
- (to fb1) still picture: PNG image data, 1024 x 768, 8-bit/color RGBA, non-interlaced
- loc_alpha.alpha_in_pixel = 1;
loc_alpha.enable = 1;
fd = open("/dev/fb0", O_RDWR, 0);
ioctl(fd, MXCFB_SET_LOC_ALPHA, &loc_alpha);
ioctl(fd, MXCFB_WAIT_FOR_VSYNC, 0);
ioctl(fd, FBIOBLANK, FB_BLANK_UNBLANK);
4) no HW changes, no SW changes, in Yocto added compile imx-gstreamer plugins
5) expected: alpha blending, smooth video play, no CPU at 100%
observed: alpha blending is correct (picture and movie are mixed)
background video play is visible, good colours and size, but not smooth play
(=like movie on a powerless hardware without GPU acceleration)
CPU is on 11%
When we use v4l2:
"gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=N_movie.m4v ! qtdemux ! queue ! vpudec ! imxv4l2sink device=/dev/video16"
the movie play smoothly, but there is unfortunately no way to resize it inside 800x600 window
6) echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb1/blank
echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank
WINDOW="window-x-coord=100 window-y-coord=100 window-width=800 window-height=600"
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=2N_picture_05alpha.png ! pngdec ! imagefreeze ! queue ! imxg2dvideosink force-aspect-ratio=true framebuffer=/dev/fb1
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=2N_movie.m4v typefind=true ! qtdemux ! queue ! vpudec ! imxg2dvideosink framebuffer=/dev/fb0 $WINDOW
7) always not smoothly video overplay
8) LCD touch 1024x768, like here