Missing lib when should be created in \lib:Libmaker: *** Error occurred while processing! ***

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing lib when should be created in \lib:Libmaker: *** Error occurred while processing! ***

kimchan_eb
Contributor III

Hello,

I met an error message shows that "Libmaker:

*** Error occurred while processing! ***" ,

"make.exe: *** No rule to make target `C:\Projects\CheckOut\OSC_WM_ACG-6\test\Compile\IN\Com_RSA_CAN_HS_ComTest_1\output\lib\Com_src.lib', needed by `C:\Projects\CheckOut\OSC_WM_ACG-6\test\Compile\IN\Com_RSA_CAN_HS_ComTest_1\output\depend\Com_src.mak'. Stop."

And I checket this folder there's no Com_src.lib in \lib. I verified on my local environment but no difference was found compared with the server, on which the result is the error message like above. Though, it can be always compiled OK locally.

Of course I also checked code on server and local one, they're the same. And, it's really weird that the testcases with the error message differs everyday.

I have no idea what to check next. 

Do you have any suggestion for me?

Or what info do you need to analyze?I can add them then.

Br,

Kim

0 Kudos
10 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

I noticed you mentioned, " there's no error showed when I tried to build again this morning."

I wonder the problem is due to old associations.

Next time if you meet a similar problem, please go to IDE menu "Project", "Remove Object code..." to avoid old associations. then test build again.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kimchan_eb
Contributor III

Hi Jennie,

Actually I mean the test result is 'random'. Sometimes Test 1&2 are successful while 3 is failed. And Test 1 may be failed in another build.

As for 'Remove object code', I clean all output files before I build a project. So I don't think it's because of 'old associations'.

Or if it's OK with skype call, I think I can show you via remote, about the failure info.

Br,

Kim

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As your problem related with complex project and the issue happens randomly.

Thus I would suggest you create a private case to support team

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329745 

You need attach your demo project, because your issue need to be tested on our side first.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

kimchan_eb
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes I checked. And the problem is, the build result sometimes is OK while amolst everyday few of them have these problems. Sometimes it’s test A and sometimes is test B. I was thinking that ‘make’ ‘linker’ or other process can not be run parallelly. And I disabled the configuration in my build environment. But it still has the problem.

So I think my settings for compile or link is right but some configuration related to the build process may have effect on it.

So I want to know what will impact the build process? Or is there any configuration of CodeWarrior can be set to run single process at the same time, instead of controlling the build environment on servers of our side?

I do really want to send a demo to you. But the demo won’t work at your side unless I send the whole product delivery to you which I have no access to do it.

So, if skype or any other tool is OK for you, let’s see the problem remotely?

Br,

Kim

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kim.

I am sorry. with this on line remote support, we don't support customer with skype. If the issue need be check on site, we suggest you contact DFAE/FAE.

For online support, Normally we suggest customer separate the issue in demo project thus we can check it .

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

To investigate your problem, we need reproduce it first.

Please attach this information

1.    your CW version: Start the IDE and click on Help | About CodeWarrior Development Studio. Send me the version and build id.
2.    send the entire sample code folder(include .project, prm,c...) in zip format to me. so that i can test it on my side directly.
3.      error screenshot.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

kimchan_eb
Contributor III

Q1:

pastedImage_1.png

Q2:

I'm sorry but it's a project with many dependencies, which I cannot provide a runnable project to you.

Q3:

It's a log with all the infos the compiler outputspastedImage_2.png

It's a log with only the info with error.

make.exe: *** No rule to make target `C:\Projects\CheckOut\OSC_WM_ACG-6\test\Conformance\IN\Tp_ISO_ConTest_2_1\output\lib\APPTest_src.lib', needed by `C:\Projects\CheckOut\OSC_WM_ACG-6\test\Conformance\IN\Tp_ISO_ConTest_2_1\output\depend\APPTest_src.mak'. Stop.
make.exe: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I don't know how to solve it because these infos are not enough for me. If checking the files locally, it's ok, though error on the build.

Br,

Kim

0 Kudos

kimchan_eb
Contributor III

I checked my last night build and I found that it still has similiar error like this:

*** command line: '-Mar"C:\Projects\CheckOut\OSC_WM_ACG-6\test\Compile\IN\APP_RSA_CAN_HS_ComTest_3\output\lib\Nm_src.lib C:\Projects\CheckOut\OSC_WM_ACG-6\test\Compile\IN\APP_RSA_CAN_HS_ComTest_3\output\obj\NM_Prg.o C:\Projects\CheckOut\OSC_WM_ACG-6\test\Compile\IN\APP_RSA_CAN_HS_ComTest_3\output\obj\NM_Cfg.o C:\Projects\CheckOut\OSC_WM_ACG-6\test\Compile\IN\APP_RSA_CAN_HS_ComTest_3\output\obj\NM_Prg.o C:\Projects\CheckOut\OSC_WM_ACG-6\test\Compile\IN\APP_RSA_CAN_HS_ComTest_3\output\obj\NM_Cfg.o"' ***
Libmaker: *** Error occurred while processing! ***

All the .o files are in the path it shows at last(I'm not sure if they all exist when run this command line).

What's strange is that there's no error showed when I tried to build agian this morning.

Br,

Kim

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Could you specify what tool/software you use?

Regards,

Daniel 

0 Kudos

kimchan_eb
Contributor III

Hello,

Codewarrior V5.1.

Sorry for missing.

Br,

Kim

0 Kudos