cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader porting to SKEAZ1284

curiosul
Contributor III

Hello!

I am trying to adapt the Kinetis Bootloader 1.2.0 to SKEAZ1284. Microcontroller model: S9KEAZN64AMLH - it is curently placed on a custom board built by me.

In order to achieve this I have followed the guide from manual, Kinetis Bootloader v1.2.0 Reference Manual Chapter 10.

Unfortunately I did not managed to successfully generate build the project and the binary image for upload. So I have two main concerns I want to ask you about:

1. Where to download the CMSIS-compatible packages for my device that contain header files? I managed to grab files from C:\Freescale\KDS_v3\eclipse\ProcessorExpert\Config\PE\CPE\wizard_data\wizards\kds\SKEAZ1284\Include , this is directory where KDS was installed. But it was not enough, I guess. Where, from nxp website, can I download the correct headers for this microcontroller?

2. When building, a lot of errors are because of undeclared macros which define USB data, such as USB_... first time declared here . I have tried to disable any USB feature from bootloaader_config.h but with no success. In fact, I would like to disable all peripherals except UART. Is there a safe way to do that without breaking the entire code?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alex C.

Please don't use the Kinetis Bootloader 1.2.0 to SKEAZ1284, that bootloader is very old.

About the UART bootloader for KEA128, actually, in the nxp offiical website, we already have an application note and the sample code for your reference.

Please refer to AN5400:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5400.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1 

The according sample code:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note-software/AN5400SW.zip 

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it after you refer to that application note, please kindly let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

curiosul
Contributor III

Thank you for your replay!

I followed your advice! Because I want to use KinetisFlashTool to update user application, I will go forward with version 2.0 of the bootloader, this is the latest version!

The key file I can't really understand where to get that from is this: SKEAZ1284_features.h This configure file shall be written by myself?

PS: The application KinetisFlashTool is not compatible with UART bootloader! This is the reason why I have choosed to proceed with Kinetis Bootloader v2.

0 Kudos