Alex C.

Bootloader porting to SKEAZ1284

Discussion created by Alex C. on Mar 26, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 2, 2018 by Alex C.

Hello!

I am trying to adapt the Kinetis Bootloader 1.2.0 to SKEAZ1284. Microcontroller model: S9KEAZN64AMLH - it is curently placed on a custom board built by me.

In order to achieve this I have followed the guide from manual, Kinetis Bootloader v1.2.0 Reference Manual Chapter 10.

Unfortunately I did not managed to successfully generate build the project and the binary image for upload. So I have two main concerns I want to ask you about:

1. Where to download the CMSIS-compatible packages for my device that contain header files? I managed to grab files from C:\Freescale\KDS_v3\eclipse\ProcessorExpert\Config\PE\CPE\wizard_data\wizards\kds\SKEAZ1284\Include , this is directory where KDS was installed. But it was not enough, I guess. Where, from nxp website, can I download the correct headers for this microcontroller?

2. When building, a lot of errors are because of undeclared macros which define USB data, such as USB_... first time declared here . I have tried to disable any USB feature from bootloaader_config.h but with no success. In fact, I would like to disable all peripherals except UART. Is there a safe way to do that without breaking the entire code?

Thanks!

Outcomes