Dual LVDS display in separate mode for Android 7.1.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual LVDS display in separate mode for Android 7.1.1

jianzhu
Contributor I

I want to support the dual LVDS display in separate mode. My Android version is Nougat 7.1.1_1.0.0. My hardware is i.MX6 Quad. My issue is sometimes I can not show separate contents on my secondary display. When it fails, there is non-stop exceptions in Android's Window Manager framework: 

I also test with ApiDemos from Google.

Does anyone use the dual LVDS display in separate mode for Android 7.1.1? Do I need to modify some code in Android framework or HAL to support the dual display in separate mode?

03-26 09:51:48.582 488-511/system_process E/WindowManager: Unhandled exception in Window Manager
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.view.DisplayInfo com.android.server.wm.DisplayContent.getDisplayInfo()' on a null object reference
at com.android.server.wm.Task.getDisplayInfo(Task.java:766)
at com.android.server.wm.DimLayer.getBoundsForFullscreen(DimLayer.java:209)
at com.android.server.wm.DimLayer.setBoundsForFullscreen(DimLayer.java:221)
at com.android.server.wm.DimLayerController.updateDimLayer(DimLayerController.java:60)
at com.android.server.wm.WindowSurfacePlacer.performLayoutLockedInner(WindowSurfacePlacer.java:1003)
at com.android.server.wm.WindowSurfacePlacer.applySurfaceChangesTransaction(WindowSurfacePlacer.java:656)
at com.android.server.wm.WindowSurfacePlacer.performSurfacePlacementInner(WindowSurfacePlacer.java:321)
at com.android.server.wm.WindowSurfacePlacer.performSurfacePlacementLoop(WindowSurfacePlacer.java:236)
at com.android.server.wm.WindowSurfacePlacer.performSurfacePlacement(WindowSurfacePlacer.java:184)
at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService$H.handleMessage(WindowManagerService.java:8362)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
at com.android.server.ServiceThread.run(ServiceThread.java:46)

0 Kudos
1 Reply

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The dual display with different content is not supported by software. However, the hardware of the i.MX6Q can support that feature, due to the second IPU. Unfortunately, you will need to modify the Android HAL to perform this update, and we cannot provide that kind of support. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos