cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting DDR3 ce and ue Ecc errors

sedat_sedat
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a custom board with T4240 SoC with ddr data rate 1866.

I am getting ddr3 ecc errors in only one ddr controller under heavy network load. With one dimm I can repeat the erroronous situation if i insert it onto controller 2.

All the controllers are configured with the same configuration parameters. 

If dont  insert any dimm module onto controller number 2 i am never getting ecc errors.  Since with only 2 controllers the network performance of the system is degrading nearly by 1.5  times  I must have to use 3 ddr controllers.

We have checked the pcb but couldnt find any mistakes that may cause ecc errors. Does the  configuration of the ddr controller cause ecc errors? 

I have no ddr validation tool. But I have tried some configurations by  changing the write leveling and odt  parameters. The situation is not even changing even I am trying different values for write leveling and odt parameters. I am getting ecc errors in a short time like 10 seconds after applying heavy load to the board. 

If i use the sama dimms with the ddr  working at a 

slower rate like 1333, I am also getting the ecc errors but after a much longer amount of time.

Does anybody have any idea why I am getting ecc errors on the specified controller. Is it a signal integrity or a ddr misconfiguration situation.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please open a technical case because investigation of your problem requires a lot of specific information from your side.

1)    Open www.nxp.com and log in.

2)    On the top level menu, select Support > Technical Support

3)    Press "Support Requests" and follow instructions.

Regards,

Bulat

0 Kudos