QG8 Sharing Pins are not allowed anymore?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QG8 Sharing Pins are not allowed anymore?

celsoken
Contributor V
I was updating a software for a QG8-based product and I received a warning from PE telling me that sharing of ADC pins is deprecated. So far, bad news, but the worst thing is that i simply couldn't use the shared pins.

This product shares PTA1 comparator input and the ADC pin and both worked perfectly. The ACMP acted in a hardware voltage control loop and ADC provided me DC information, specially when loop was open.

Well, the product is in production, specification changes (SSDD) but I can't upgrade the software. What can I do to keep it shared?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Celso

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

celsoken
Contributor V
It sounds strange replying to myself, but I forgot to mention that I changed to CW 6.1 and that was probably the major change.

Cheers,

Celso
0 Kudos

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III
It is probably misunderstanding. Generally there are two types of sharing in the ADC bean (Pin and "Device" sharing).

"Device" sharing is represented by the property "Sharing" in the ADC bean and it allows to share the ADC module between several ADC beans. However the generated code in this mode is not efficient. Therefore this mode is not recommended to use and will not be supported in the future. More information about this type of sharing can be found in the help (pop-up menu) of ADC bean on page general info in section "The bean also has two of the following modes selectable by its Sharing property". Please note that when there is only one ADC bean in the project the "Sharing" property has no effect on the generated code. To avoid confusion we will improved the warning into next release od Processor Expert.

The Pin sharing is enabled for ADC and ACMP beans from PE 3.02 and is working properly without any limitations. More information about Pin sharing can be found in the help of Processor Expert (menu command Help/Processor Expert/Processor Expert Help) in chapter "Pin Sharing" after unfolding Application Design and Configuring Beans.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team
UNIS
0 Kudos

celsoken
Contributor V
Dear Vojtech,

Thanks for your help. I upgraded from CW 6.1 to 6.2 and the problem magically disappeared.

Cheers,

Celso
0 Kudos