Can someone help me with the Altivec instructions used for prefetching data into cache (vec_dst, vec_dstst,etc). i would like to know how the prefetch constant should be set. i want to access data from memory which some data points in between these 2 data

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help me with the Altivec instructions used for prefetching data into cache (vec_dst, vec_dstst,etc). i would like to know how the prefetch constant should be set. i want to access data from memory which some data points in between these 2 data

mandar_s
Contributor I

altivec, powerpc, mpc8641D

0 Kudos
4 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If my understanding of your question is correct, the question you asking is answered in E600 Core Reference Manual, Section 7.1.2.3.1 "Stream Engine Tags"

Here is a direct link to this document:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/E600CORERM.pdf

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mandar_s
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer

It helped me understand what vec_dst does, but i am still confused on how to calculate prefetch constatnt which has to be passed in vec_dst.

If you can help me with an example then that would be great.

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you please clarify, what you mean by "prefetch constant"?

0 Kudos

mandar_s
Contributor I

while using vec_dst instruction we have to pass 3 parameters to it i.e. address, prefetch constant(data block to be pre-fetched) and stream.

i am not able to calculated the second parameter that should be given to the vec_dst. 

i had refer this document earlier but still i am not able to clarify my doubt on vec_dst.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/ALTIVECPIM.pdf 

0 Kudos