I am using MPC8461D. The software prefetch instructions included in Altivec instructions are vec_dst, vec_dstst, vec_dststt, vec_dstt. I am not able to get a clear idea how these instructions help in prefetching the data and how the caches L1 and L2 are

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using MPC8461D. The software prefetch instructions included in Altivec instructions are vec_dst, vec_dstst, vec_dststt, vec_dstt. I am not able to get a clear idea how these instructions help in prefetching the data and how the caches L1 and L2 are

snehaljadhav
Contributor II

I am not able to get a clear idea how these instructions help in prefetching the data and how the caches L1 and L2 are being used.

Please help me with the working of these instructions.

1 Reply

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If the question is related to particular (Altivec) instructions, than please look e600 Core Reference Manual, Section 7.1.2.3 "Data Stream Touch Instructions" for start.

Here is a direct link to this document:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/E600CORERM.pdf

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------