cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso - Necesary project configuration

ilyeschaikhy
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

The name of the discussion is not so explicit and I already apologize for that. I'm currently working on a MKL46Z256VLL4. I'm using MCUXpresso, and  I created a project without any file from the KSDK. I just kept a part from the main header MKL46Z4.h which are used by my functions, the file startup_mkl4z.c and my own drivers . I tried to compile my project using the auto generated makefile and doing my own one but without success. My goal would be to be able to use a project with the least unused files as possible. Please note that the same project with all the drivers from the SDK generated with MCUXpresso is fully functional.

I'm aware that you certainly will need some complementary information that I will be happy to provide you.
So if I could have some advices about what's missing or wrong in my project, I would be very thankful !

Best,

Ilyes Chaikhy

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

ilyeschaikhy
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for your replies.

I already use the KSDK and it works pefectly and it's more simpler, but I would like to understand which files are essentials or not, that's why I made this project, I don't understand which file is missing or wrong in it. I don't have these errors, maybe I made a mistake during the export of the project.

I'm going to verify if there is an intrusive file and I'll keep you informed.

Have a nice day

0 Kudos

dandahl
Contributor I

When ever I have seen this it is caused by a file in your project that is not supposed to be there. Like the Blinky.c file accidently got into your project. It's not apart of the project yet there it is.

-Dan

0 Kudos

ilyeschaikhy
Contributor I

You will found attached my project.
It's simply supposed to turn on a led connected to a gpio port.
I'm doing this because i would like to have the strict minimum files, defines, functions, etc.. on my project.

Thank you for your time,

IC.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello llyes,

From the error message , your project lose some files , while you call the functions :

pastedImage_1.png

So stronly recommen you use the KSDK , you can just choose the drivers you need , more simple

than use your own drivers.

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I suggest that you use the Quickstart Panel's Export option to export your project, then post it here. Otherwise we are all just guessing at what your project actually contains.

The other question of course is why are you doing this?

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

ilyeschaikhy
Contributor I

Hello Alice,

Thanks for your quick reply.

When I try to build my project I have "make: *** No rule to make target 'main.o', needed by 'Projet.axf'. Stop."
I had a look on the makefile but I didn't noticed something wrong.

Best,

Ilyes

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ilyes Chaikhy,

What about the error message ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos