cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended WiFi module for I.MX6DQ for P2P Go

mrudangshelat
Contributor IV
Hi, 
I am using WL1837MOD WiFi module with NXP's iMX6D processor (Android KitKat 4.4.3) for my ongoing project. We want to stream video content to our one device to another device. for that, we have created p2p go in one device and another device act as a client. We are able to create p2p go in the device at 2.4Ghz frequency band. But for the better performance, we want to create p2p go at the 5Ghz band. For that, we have changed the wpa_supplicant code to create p2p go at the fixed 5180Mhz frequency. the reason behind fix frequency is p2p go creation always failed on other frequency values. we are able to create p2p go at the 5180Mhz frequency with the help of an external router. But the condition is in the same band another wifi access point is already available, else p2p go creation will fail.
I would like to know which are the other Wi-Fi chipset NXP recommend for interface with i.MX6D/Q for p2p go at the 5Ghz frequency band.
Regards,
Mrudang
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mrudang

please refer to attached Release Notes for supported wifi modules

in NXP Android KitKat 4.4.3 release.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos