Using clock tool code to switch between RUN and HSRUN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using clock tool code to switch between RUN and HSRUN

chriskeeser
Contributor III

I am trying to use the clock config tool to generate 2 clock configurations, a "HighPower" mode (run mode = HSRUN) and a "LowPower" mode (run mode = RUN).  My intent is to save power by switching back and forth between these two clock configurations depending on the processing needs. I have the 2 configurations set up in the MCUXpresso Config Tools, but when I observe the generated C source, the "LowPower" mode lacks code to switch the run mode back to RUN.  There is code in the "HighPower" mode to change the run mode to HSRUN, but if I switch back to "LowPower" the device will not be switched back to RUN.

Is this a bug in the tool?  A configuration error on my part?  A misuse of the tool?

I am using MCUXpress config tools v4.  Thanks for any insight.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Chris Keeser,

In my  opinion, the MCUXpresso Config tools for clock just configure

the run mode and clock mode , so it doesn't include the switch function from one mode to another,

we need change by our own code.

And about there is no configure in RUN mode(normal run state) on "LowPower",  because the default mode

after any reset is normal run state .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos