Can 'i.MX RT 1050/105' support both Alexa and Google Assistant ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can 'i.MX RT 1050/105' support both Alexa and Google Assistant ?

Jump to solution
yu-chiangtsao
Contributor I

I hope to make a device which can support both Alexa Voice Services and google assistant ,and I saw your audio solutions as figure.

Can I use i.MX RT 1050/1051 ? And do you have any recommendation about microphone position? How should we set the distance between microphones which is better in your algorithm?pastedImage_1.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

in i.MX6ULL and i.MX7D a full Linux distribution is used, this makes it easy to set the audio services.

i.MXRT does not support a full Linux distribution, only uCLinux and FreeRTOS. It should be possible to add voice services but we don't have any support. Theoretically you will need to add all the support packages required by Alexa and then cross compile the Alexa platform for M7 and this means a huge effort.

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yu-Chiang Tsao,

I was informed that the NXP solutions team is currently working on an i-MX RT based solution for an Alexa and Google assistant, as this is a costumer driven process they are always looking for customer input. Consequently, if OK with you one of them will contact you shortly.

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

in i.MX6ULL and i.MX7D a full Linux distribution is used, this makes it easy to set the audio services.

i.MXRT does not support a full Linux distribution, only uCLinux and FreeRTOS. It should be possible to add voice services but we don't have any support. Theoretically you will need to add all the support packages required by Alexa and then cross compile the Alexa platform for M7 and this means a huge effort.

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support

0 Kudos