I'm currently bringing up a custom LS1012A board that references the FRDM-LS1012A design.
Major differences/similarities of the custom board are:
- Removal of K20 used for CMSIS DAP
- Near-identical DDR3L SDRAM (AS4C512M16D3L used in place of MT41K256M16)
- Same QSPI flash NVM (S25FS512SAGNFI011)
- Similar reset switch circuit
CodeWarrior Flash Programmer always fails when attempting to write to QSPI flash memory. It will get stuck on "Erasing..." and fail after a while.
This is done with the same procedure that I've successfully used to flash RCW and U-Boot binaries into FRDM-LS1012A boards (some previously bricked by bad RCWs) with the CodeWarrior TAP.
Thing's I've Tried (To No Avail)
- Enable hard-coded RCW with USE_SAFE_RCW = True
- Enable hard-coded RCW with CLK_OUT pin
- Connect DUT_PORST_B signal to SDRAM Reset
- Adjust the JTAG speed
- Verified correct voltages to all components
If anyone can shed some light on the problem or suggest something to try or double-check, I'd really appreciate it.