Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying i.mx6ull BSPs L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga in Yocto

srishan
Contributor III
Dear I.MX Community,
Could you please help me with the following
1. How and where can I identify and modify the default configuration files to be modified for the below in i.MX6ULL EVK board ? 

Kernel defualt configuration file 

Uboot default configuration file 

Device tree configuration file 

Rootfs 

2. How can we build this Uboot, devicetree, kernel and rootfs components individually using bitbake commands or without using bitbake in yocto build system ? 

3. Could you please confirm the cross_compiler toolchains versions? 

The toolchain mentioned in i.mx6 bsp porting guide (i.MX BSP Porting Guide, Rev. L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga+mx8-alpha, 09/2017) is /opt/fsl-imx-fb/4.9.11/environment-setup-cortexa9hf-vfp-neonpoky-linux-gnueabi 

But the toolchain version whatever am seeing from the build output is /opt/fsl-imx-x11/4.9.11-1.0.0/environment-setup-cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi 

Are they both are same? 

Kindly do the needful as early as possible
Thanks in advance,
Srini
Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sri Shan,

The kernel, uboot and device tree configuration files are setup according to the MACHINE variable you selected when initializing the build directory as described in section 5.1 of the i.MX Yocto Project User’s Guide.

If you are using the i.MX6ULL EVK you would be using the imx6ull14x14evk MACHINE.

The toolchain can be extracted using the meta-toolchain (or meta-toolchain-qt5 if you are using qt5). This recipe will create an installation script for the MACHINE defined in the build directory. After installing it you would need to run the environment setup script to cross compile.

The reason why you are generating the cortexa7hf toolchain is that the i.MX6ULL is a CortexA7 and not a CortexA9 like the i.MX6Q that is used as example in most of the i.MX6 documentation (the i.MX6Q SABRE is the default machine in case you do not define it on the fsl release environment setup script).

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

srishan
Contributor III

Dear I.MX Community,

Any inputs w.r.t the above queries

Kindly do the needful as early as possible

Many Thanks in advance,

Awaiting for your replies

0 Kudos