Migrating CW3.1 -> CW(Current) with HCS12 microprocessor - EEPROM problem.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating CW3.1 -> CW(Current) with HCS12 microprocessor - EEPROM problem.

Telepath
Contributor I
Hi, I have a small problem that's caused by me being bad.

I am migrating a couple of projects written for a CPU type MC9S12A128BCFU and I am having problems successfully using the IEE1:IntEEPROM bean after switching CW versions. I am unsure of whether to post this here or in the CW forum; if this is the wrong place, please move it.

The error after converting to CW4.6 in the IntEEPROM bean is always:

Address range shows Start Address as 0 and Used Size as 0.

After checking the memory map, I changed this to:

Start address 400. Used size: 3EF.

This shows as fine, but memory isn't written to EEPROM.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Kindly, Thomas
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Telepath
Contributor I
Further investigation shows the IEE1_SetLong function returning ERR_RANGE. How do I map the EEPROM correctly?
0 Kudos

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III
We apologize for any inconvenience. We are aware of this problem. Please try to open your origin project in the newest version of Processor Expert v2.99. This version is available as servicepack for CW v4.7.

After conversion your project into PE v2.99 you will encounter the two errors below but your all problems including problem with IEE1_SetLong function disappear.

First error reported in the CPU Bean in the Segment 1 (segment ROM_C000) of memory space. The memory model in the older version of Processor Expert does not contain flash based registers on the address FF00 so it was possible  to define the ROM_C000 segment to be 0x3F80 bytes long. However the current version of Processor Expert has this problem fixed so the ROM_C000 does no longer fit into the memory space and has to be reduced by 0x80 bytes.
- Please fill value "3F00" into Size property in in the Segment 1 (segment ROM_C000)

Error reported in the EEPROM bean in the "Start address" property and in the "Used Size" property. This is due to adding these new properties in newer versions that are not initially configured. Therefore  you should disable the EEPROM segment in the "Build Option" tab in the "Bean inspector" window of the "CPU" bean and filled the "Start address" and "Used size" in the EEPROM bean.

Please let us know if you successfully makes the project work and do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team
UNIS
0 Kudos