cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1857 firmware update tools

Jump to solution
andrewbarningha
Contributor III

Can anyone recommend an application for me to use to download firmware to LPC1857 devices through a USB port?

At present i use a program called flashMagic but this is through a serial port.

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As detailed in the LPCScrypt User Guide for LPC18 and LPC43 parts with internal flash, in order to boot into USB DFU mode, you need to pull ISP as you power up the board (i.e. P2_7=LOW) to prevent it booting directly from the internal flash that you previously programmed.

For more details of ISP, please read the LPC18xx User Guide (in particular section 4.3.1, "Boot process for parts with internal flash" in the Rev. 3.0 — 26 July 2017 version of the user guide ).

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

View solution in original post

6 Replies
andrewbarningha
Contributor III

Dear Support,

That is perfect... everything works as i would expect now.

Thanks

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As detailed in the LPCScrypt User Guide for LPC18 and LPC43 parts with internal flash, in order to boot into USB DFU mode, you need to pull ISP as you power up the board (i.e. P2_7=LOW) to prevent it booting directly from the internal flash that you previously programmed.

For more details of ISP, please read the LPC18xx User Guide (in particular section 4.3.1, "Boot process for parts with internal flash" in the Rev. 3.0 — 26 July 2017 version of the user guide ).

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

andrewbarningha
Contributor III

Thanks for your help.

This now works, but what i am finding is that once i have downloaded a binary file and can not download another binary file afterwards in that LPCScrypt keeps telling me 'nothing to boot'.

If i erase the memory through the JTAG and re-try using LPCScrpyt then it works OK.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In order to program the board, you need to boot your board into USB DFU mode. Depending on your board configuration, it is possible that when your flash is erased, this is happening by default. But once you program an image into the internal flash, then you will boot to that by default unless you use ISP.

For more details, please see section 3.1, "Target Configuration", of the LPCScrypt v1.8.2 User Guide.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

andrewbarningha
Contributor III

Dear Support,

Thanks for that info.

I am using USB1 so i have the jumper links set to:

P1_1 = L

P1_2 = H

P2_8 = H

P2_9 = L

This is what is detailed in section 3.1. I am not using OTP and the ISP link is open.

I though it might be my code, so i tried an example code in the images folder of the LPCScrypt folder -> MCB1800_blinky_BankA.bin.

I blanked the memory using the JTAG and then programmed the device using the MCB1800_blinky_BankA program and it downloaded OK. but again i can not download any more. I have tried a number of tests, power cycling the device etc and still have comms.

I followed section 3.1.

Is there a software parameter which also controls the Boot mode?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Take a look at LPCScrypt -  http://www.nxp.com/lpcscrypt

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support