We have a custom board with LS1012A-Rev1.
Using PBL_0x35_0x08_800_250_1000_default.bin supplied in the LSDK, the CPU works perfectly with u-boot, linux and SD-card, but we cannot get the board to run with a custom RCW we generate with Processor Expert in CodeWarrior 11.3.0.
As a basic test we did the following procedure:
1) Start a new Quoriq configuration project
2) import PBL_0x35_0x08_800_250_1000_default.bin from LSDK into the PBL in Processor Expert (Ignore constraints and non-critical errors enabled). Not touching iany registers.
3) Generate RCW with Processor Expert.
4) Upload RCW to board with Codewarrior TAP (erase, program, validate).
5) Reset board
6) The board will not load u-boot and asserts RST REQ low.
7) Uploading PBL_0x35_0x08_800_250_1000_default.bin, and the board works again
A binary compare of the original file and the generated file reveals that something has changed. Both files attached.
We need to control the RCW to get all features on our board up and running.
Thanks in advance for any assistance on this subject!