How to compile my HelloWorld with eclipse to be executed on T2080RDB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compile my HelloWorld with eclipse to be executed on T2080RDB?

Jump to solution
julencruchaga
Contributor II

Hello, I need to run a HelloWorld aplication on my T2080RDB board but I can't.

I'm using yocto (bitbake) to generate a fsl-image-minimal where I can find a folder like this:
/build_t2080rdb/tmp/work/t2080rdb-fsl-linux/fsl-image-minimal/1.0-r0/rootfs/usr/bin

where I can find all compilation executables with prefix powerpc-fsl-linux- (g++/gcc).

1-NXPdirectory.png

Then, I'm using eclipse neon to compile the application, and into compilation settings I've included such directory in order to use such executables to compile my application.

2-NXPcrosssetting.png

3-NXPCrossgcccompiler.png

4-NXPcrossg++compiler.png

5-NXPcrossg++linker.png

6-NXPCrossgccassembler.png

As result when eclipse invokes to the linker process, some error are displayed into the console, saying that is not possible to find crt1.o/crti.o/crtbeginT.o

8-ERRORLINKER.png

But if I search such libraries into build directory : /build_t2080rdb/tmp/work/t2080rdb-fsl-linux/fsl-image-minimal/1.0-r0/rootfs/usr/lib all of them are installed.

librarysearch.png

Somebody knows how can I execute a HelloWorld into my T2080RDB board? Is there a Quick Manual to do that? My compilation process is correct or not?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
1 Solution
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello World under u-boot.

Look at attached file. It is u-boot redme file from www.denx.de. See description for "Hello World" Demo in this file.

Hello World under Linux

1. Look at the Section 3.3.7 of SDK 2.0-1703 documentation for installing standalone toolchain:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf

1. Use this toolchain for compiling Hello World program.

Each time you wish to use the SDK in a new shell session, you need to source the environment setup script e.g.

$ . /opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/environment-setup-ppce6500-fsl-linux

Check information about your cross compiler using the following commands:

echo $CC

or

$CC --version

Check result of "source" command. Use "$PATH" command. The "source" command should add path to gcc compiler.

You should see similar message:

echo $PATH

bash: /opt/fsl-qoriq/1.9/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin:/opt/fsl-qoriq/1.9/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/powerpc-fsl-linux-gnuspe:

Commands for test.c code building:

$CC test.c -o test.elf           // dinamic library

$CC test.c --static -o test.elf             // static library

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Hello World under u-boot.

Look at attached file. It is u-boot redme file from www.denx.de. See description for "Hello World" Demo in this file.

Hello World under Linux

1. Look at the Section 3.3.7 of SDK 2.0-1703 documentation for installing standalone toolchain:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf

1. Use this toolchain for compiling Hello World program.

Each time you wish to use the SDK in a new shell session, you need to source the environment setup script e.g.

$ . /opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/environment-setup-ppce6500-fsl-linux

Check information about your cross compiler using the following commands:

echo $CC

or

$CC --version

Check result of "source" command. Use "$PATH" command. The "source" command should add path to gcc compiler.

You should see similar message:

echo $PATH

bash: /opt/fsl-qoriq/1.9/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin:/opt/fsl-qoriq/1.9/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/powerpc-fsl-linux-gnuspe:

Commands for test.c code building:

$CC test.c -o test.elf           // dinamic library

$CC test.c --static -o test.elf             // static library

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

julencruchaga
Contributor II

Hi!,

With this manual (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf) I have accomplished my compilation, I have changed my Linker configuration in this way:

LinkedOptions.png

And finally I get my HelloWorld program compiled with my powerpc-fsl-linux-g++ compiler. Thank you Pavel!!!.

=======================================================================================

Now, in other hand, I'm trying to compile a more complex program. This program needs to include libxml/libglibmm libraries. When I compile that program with a g++ compiler everything is correct, but when I try to compile it with my cross compiler powerpc-fsl-linux-g++ these error are displayed on my console:

OutputCompilePowerPC.png

/opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/libexec/powerpc-fsl-linux/gcc/powerpc-fsl-linux/4.9.2/real-ld: cannot find -lxml++-2.6
/opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/libexec/powerpc-fsl-linux/gcc/powerpc-fsl-linux/4.9.2/real-ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxml2.a when searching for -lxml2
/opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/libexec/powerpc-fsl-linux/gcc/powerpc-fsl-linux/4.9.2/real-ld: cannot find -lxml2
/opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/libexec/powerpc-fsl-linux/gcc/powerpc-fsl-linux/4.9.2/real-ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglibmm-2.4.a when searching for -lglibmm-2.4
/opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/libexec/powerpc-fsl-linux/gcc/powerpc-fsl-linux/4.9.2/real-ld: cannot find -lglibmm-2.4
/opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/libexec/powerpc-fsl-linux/gcc/powerpc-fsl-linux/4.9.2/real-ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.a when searching for -lgobject-2.0
/opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/libexec/powerpc-fsl-linux/gcc/powerpc-fsl-linux/4.9.2/real-ld: cannot find -lgobject-2.0
/opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/libexec/powerpc-fsl-linux/gcc/powerpc-fsl-linux/4.9.2/real-ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsigc-2.0.a when searching for -lsigc-2.0
/opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/libexec/powerpc-fsl-linux/gcc/powerpc-fsl-linux/4.9.2/real-ld: cannot find -lsigc-2.0
/opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/libexec/powerpc-fsl-linux/gcc/powerpc-fsl-linux/4.9.2/real-ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.a when searching for -lglib-2.0
/opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/libexec/powerpc-fsl-linux/gcc/powerpc-fsl-linux/4.9.2/real-ld: cannot find -lglib-2.0

¿How I can get such libraries, consistent with powerpc-fsl-linux-g++ compiler?

Thank you very much!!

0 Kudos