cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert in MCUXpresso

Jump to solution
kaarthichandras
Contributor II

I am new to MCUXpresso IDE, how to use processor expert in MCUXpresso? can I use the same processor expert that I have been using in the codewarrior 10.6?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello kaarthi,

You can refer to this thread :

MCUXpresso IDE: Installing Processor Expert into Eclipse Neon | MCU on Eclipse 

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello kaarthi,

You can refer to this thread :

MCUXpresso IDE: Installing Processor Expert into Eclipse Neon | MCU on Eclipse 

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

kaarthichandras
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

I have followed all the steps mentioned i that thread and succesfully installed all, but when tried to created a processor expert project with controller MKV10Z32VLC7, it shows the following problem,Untitledq.png 

Thanks in advance,

Kaarthi

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kaarthi,

as mentioned in MCUXpresso IDE: Installing Processor Expert into Eclipse Neon | MCU on Eclipse , there is a conflict with the Config tools. As a workaround you could uninstall the Config tools (which are part of this Eclipse installation). But then you won't have the config tools in MCUXpresso, you would need to use the external config tools.

Erich

0 Kudos
kaarthichandras
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks Erich, I got fixed the problem by using MCUXpresso 10.0.  What I have to do, if I want both SDK and Processor expert.. 

Regards,

Kaarthi

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The easiest thing is if you use either Processor Expert or the SDK. You can use the SDK 1.3 (but this one is outdated) with Processor Expert. If you want to use Processor Expert with the SDK 2.x, you have to use the approach described in Tutorial: Using Eclipse with NXP MCUXpresso SDK v2 and Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
kaarthichandras
Contributor II

Thanks Erich,

When I tried to use config tools in MCUXpresso, the following error occured Untitledcc.png

But I have the internet connection.

B/w I tried MCUXpresso configuration tools also and the error,

Untitled12.png

Regards,

kaarthi 

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you please

1) check that C:\ProgramData\NXP is writable by non-admin user? If not, add rights or try to delete this NXP folder, it should be recreated again with proper rights.

2) Post here the c:\Users\<username>\.nxp\swtools.log

3) are you behind a proxy?

The message "Cannot download data" might be issue either with connection, or with the disk access permission.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos
kaarthichandras
Contributor II

Thanks,

I here attached the swtools

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

so it is about the permissions to the NXP folder, so

a) C:\ProgramData\NXP is not writable for non-admin user  - delete this NXP folder, it should be recreated again with proper rights.

b) or fix the access rights

c) last resort/quick workaround  is to launch the config tools as an Administrator

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kaarthi,

this is known issue with installing Processor Expert into the MCUXpresso IDE (conflict between Processor Expert and Config Tools), which will be addressed in the next release this year. Until the next version the Processor Expert has to be installed and used in another Eclipse instance and generated sources copied manually into the MCUXpresso IDE.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos