Bitbake works for one user and not another

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbake works for one user and not another

patsandt
Contributor III

I'm successfully building an iMX6Q bitbake recipe for a sudo user on Ubuntu 16.04. Using the same setup and recipes for a non-sudo user on the same machine (Ubuntu 16.04) I get the "cannot import name data" failure.

I am cloning the project in the same way, run the setup_oe.sh and source commands in the same way. The PATH variables are the same. I believe that I should not have to be a sudo user to run bitbake.

The goal is to have jenkins run the bitbake. It does not work in a jenkins script, so I tried manually from /home/jenkins.

Because it works for one user and not for another on the same machine, I believe the posts I've seen about html5lib and a bad install are not applicable.

See attached log.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

patsandt
Contributor III

More info: I manually ran "import bb" from both accounts. The one account worked. The other reported : "Client is not authorized to connect to Serverimport: unable to open X server ':1' @ error/import.c/ImportImageCommand/364."

This suggests it is an X issue, and that makes sense for the test case: logging in as myself and su-ing to the other account. I'm going to try a Jenkins automated build tonight without my intervening at all.

0 Kudos