Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN908x - SPIFI SDK example

Jump to solution
eupn
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know if there's an any example of how to use a SPIFI interface with QN908x SDK. I was unable to find an example in the QN908x SDK.

If there's a library, please provide a download link.

Best regards,

Eugene

Tags (1)
1 Solution
gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Eugene,

There is no example in the QN908x SDK that uses the SPIFI interface. However, the SPIFI drivers (fsl_spifi.c/.h) are still available in "<SDK>\devices\QN908XC\drivers\". You could take as reference one of the SPIFI examples that are included in the LPC54018 SDK.

Please keep in mind that the on board SPI Flash (U15) is mapped to the Flexcomm2(SPI) pins and not to the SPIFI pins, so you would need an external memory to test the SPIFI module.

Regards,

Gerardo

View solution in original post

5 Replies
konstantinvovk
Contributor II

Yes. At this moment when we redefine DATA field in the SPIFI_Type structure all things are worked (or you can define your own functions with predefined read data type). Please see my source code posted early.

0 Kudos
gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Eugene,

There is no example in the QN908x SDK that uses the SPIFI interface. However, the SPIFI drivers (fsl_spifi.c/.h) are still available in "<SDK>\devices\QN908XC\drivers\". You could take as reference one of the SPIFI examples that are included in the LPC54018 SDK.

Please keep in mind that the on board SPI Flash (U15) is mapped to the Flexcomm2(SPI) pins and not to the SPIFI pins, so you would need an external memory to test the SPIFI module.

Regards,

Gerardo

konstantinvovk
Contributor II

Good day Gerado Rodriguez.

Please clarify the situation with SPIFI hardware interface in QN9080 chip.
I have create the simple low leve driver that support serial Flash memory from Microchip SST26VF064B.
Lets's speak about the simple command 0x05 (Read JEDEC ID). This command use only opcode (0x05) and
after that, reads 3-bytes info (Manufacturer ID, Memory type, Chip ID) back.
SPIFI interface configured for use only four pins (kSPIFI_DualMode): SCK, CS, MISO, MOSI at:
MOSI:    {pin_num: '21', peripheral: SPIFI0, signal: 'IO, 0', pin_signal: GPIOA24/ACMP0N/CS6/ETM_TRACEDAT0/CTIMER3_CAP0/RFE_RX_EN/FC3_SSEL1/SPIFI_IO0, pull_control: Pull_up, drive_strength: high}
MISO:    {pin_num: '20', peripheral: SPIFI0, signal: 'IO, 1', pin_signal: GPIOA25/ACMP0P/CS7/ETM_TRACEDAT1/CTIMER3_CAP1/RFE_TX_EN/FC3_SSEL0/SPIFI_IO1, pull_control: Pull_up, drive_strength: high}
SCK:    {pin_num: '25', peripheral: SPIFI0, signal: SCK, pin_signal: GPIOA20/QDEC1_A/SCT0_OUT1/CTIMER2_MAT0/SWO/FC1_RTS_SCL/SPIFI_CLK, pull_control: Pull_up, drive_strength: high}
CS:        {pin_num: '17', peripheral: SPIFI0, signal: CSN, pin_signal: GPIOA28/CLK_AHB/ETM_TRACECLK/RTC_CAP/FC1_SCK/SD_DAC/SPIFI_CSN, pull_control: Pull_up, drive_strength: high}

The function that configures SPIFI as SPI in MODE0

/*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
int ext_flash_init()
{
    // SPIFI configuration structure
    spifi_config_t config = {0};

// Get default SPIFI configuration
    SPIFI_GetDefaultConfig(&config);
    // SPIFI uses only IO1:0 (MISO/MOSI)
    config.dualMode =  kSPIFI_DualMode;
    // Disable prefetch
    //config.disablePrefetch = true;
    // Disable feedback clock
    //config.isFeedbackClock = false;
    // Initialize SPIFI
    SPIFI_Init(SPIFI_PERIPHERAL, &config);

return 0;
}

The function that reads JEDEC ID:
/*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/** Read JEDEC ID from external SPI memory
 * JEDEC ID consists from 3 bytes:
 * 1 - Manufacturer ID
 * 2 - SPI Memory type
 * 3 - CHIP ID
 * \param[in]        id        Pointer to the 3-byte array where JEDEC ID stored
 * \return                    '0' - for success operation, '-1' - error detected
 */
int ext_flash_Read_ID(unsigned char id[3])
{
    unsigned int value;
    // {dataLen, isPollMode, direction, intermediateBytes, format, type, opcode}

spifi_command_t read_jedec_id={4 , false, kSPIFI_DataInput, 0, kSPIFI_CommandAllSerial, kSPIFI_CommandOpcodeOnly, 0x9F};
    // Check supplied pointer to the JEDEC ID 3-bytes answer
    if (id == 0) {
        return (-1);
    }

// Reset the SPIFI for switch to the command mode
    //SPIFI_ResetCommand(SPIFI_PERIPHERAL);
    // Send JEDEC_ID command
    SPIFI_SetCommand(SPIFI_PERIPHERAL, &read_jedec_id);
    // Read 3-bytes answer from Flash
    value =  SPIFI_ReadData(SPIFI_PERIPHERAL);

// Reload Manufacturer ID
      id[0] = (unsigned char) value;
      // Reload Flash device Type
      id[1] = (unsigned char) (value >> 8);
      // Reload Flash device ID
      id[2] = (unsigned char) (value >> 16);

return (0);
}

If I specify in the 'spifi_command_t' structure 'dataLen' field equal to 4 the function successfuly read JEDEC ID: 0xBF, 0x26, 0x43.
If I specify in the 'spifi_command_t' structure 'dataLen' field equal to 3 (as mentioned in SST26VF064B datasheet) after call SPIFI_ReadData function 'HardFault_Handler' is executed. But data is read from Flash memory as you can see at the attached picture (3-bytes answer during JEDEC ID Read).

As specified in the MCUXpresso SDK API Reference Manual_QN908x.pdf at page 392 in the description of the 'SPIFI_ReadData' function:
"Users should notice before call this function, the data length field in command register shall larger than 4, otherwise a hardfault will happen."
So the manual of the QN9080 chip is not correctly describe the "CMD - SPIFI command register".  
As I understand DATALEN (13:0) must be multiple to 4 in order to avoid hardfault.
Please clarify this situation (how to avoid hardfault during SPIFI read not multiple to 4).

In the attachment, you can find diagrams of the SPIFI communication for reading JEDEC ID.

Read 4-bytes answer during JEDEC ID Read:

jedec_4_bytes_read.png

Read 3-bytes answer during JEDEC ID Read:

jedec_3_bytes_read.png

0 Kudos
konstantinvovk
Contributor II

Recently I found the solution:

SPIFI_Type structure define DATA field as uint32_t. So, for fix this problem structure must be changed to new one, where DATA field must be defined as union:

union {
        __IO uint8_t DATA8;                /**< SPIFI 8 bit data */
        __IO uint16_t DATA16;            /**< SPIFI 16 bit data */
        __IO uint32_t DATA;               /**< SPIFI 32 bit data */
    };

or use own function for read/write data from/to the SPIFI DATA register:

/** CPU SPIFI Peripheral base pointer */
#define SPIFI_PERIPHERAL        SPIFI0

uint8_t SPIFI_ReadData8(SPIFI_Type *SPIFI_Base)
{
    uint8_t *data8 = (uint8_t *) &(SPIFI_Base->DATA);
    return *data8;
}

uint16_t SPIFI_ReadData16(SPIFI_Type *SPIFI_Base)
{
    uint16_t *data16 = (uint16_t *) &(SPIFI_Base->DATA);
    return *data16;
}

uint32_t SPIFI_ReadData32(SPIFI_Type *SPIFI_Base)
{
    return SPIFI_Base->DATA;
}

int ext_flash_Read_ID(unsigned char id[3])
{
    //unsigned int value;
    // {dataLen, isPollMode, direction, intermediateBytes, format, type, opcode}
    spifi_command_t read_jedec_id = {3 , false, kSPIFI_DataInput, 0, kSPIFI_CommandAllSerial, kSPIFI_CommandOpcodeOnly, 0x9F}; /*!< Read FLASH JEDEC ID (3 bytes: Manufacturer ID, Device Type, Device ID ) */
    // Check supplied pointer to the JEDEC ID 3-bytes answer
    if (id == 0) {
        return (-1);
    }

// Reset the SPIFI for switch to the command mode
    //SPIFI_ResetCommand(SPIFI_PERIPHERAL);
    // Send JEDEC_ID command
    SPIFI_SetCommand(SPIFI_PERIPHERAL, &read_jedec_id);

// Read 3-bytes answer from Flash

// Reload Manufacturer ID
    id[0] = SPIFI_ReadData8(SPIFI_PERIPHERAL);
      // Reload Flash device Type
    id[1] = SPIFI_ReadData8(SPIFI_PERIPHERAL);
      // Reload Flash device ID
    id[2] = SPIFI_ReadData8(SPIFI_PERIPHERAL);

return (0);
}

In this case hardfault  does not arise and precaution mentioned in the document "SDK API Reference Manual_QN908x.pdf " are only words.

puhongwang
Contributor I

Hello, have you solved the problem at present?I

was experiencing a similar problem. When I read ID, the SPIFI  clock cycle was incomplete, there was nothing in the DATA register, and the software jumped into the hardware exception code.

0 Kudos