DEMO BOARD NTAG I2C

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEMO BOARD NTAG I2C

yama_antenna
Contributor I

We designed an optimum NFC antenna to lengthen communication distance.

Demo board Ntag I2C was used to evaluate maximum communication distance between a smart phone and the designde NFC antenna.

However, the distance depends on the presence or absence of power supply from micro USB.

Could you explain the reason?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

yama_antenna
Contributor I

A PCB antenna board of Exploreer Kit(Demo board Ntag I2C) which small IC has been already mounted was detected with iPhone 7.

However, the PCB antenna was not detected with iPhone7 if attached big IC was mounted with the PCB antenna replace of small IC.

Are there any differences between big IC and small IC?

App for detection : NFC Taginfo by NXP

0 Kudos

yama_antenna
Contributor I

Thank you for your comments.

You said there is more current comsumption, the distance will re redudced as well.

In short, does the distance depend on circuit structures on Demo Borard?

If circuit structures are changed, does the distance change?

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Yes, it will depend on the circuit and the current consumption and if the circuit changes the distance will be affected as well depending on the current consumption. 

Regards,

Estephania 

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I would recommend you to check the AN11578 for a better understanding of the energy harvesting.

Please consider that the reader needs a certain amount of current to work correctly, to detect the tag.

If you are using the Demo Board, you will need to take into account that it's being powered by the Antenna Board; the Antenna Board it’s powered at the same time by the energy harvesting from the smartphone.

‘Whenever there is more current consumption, the distance will be reduced as well. 

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos