cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booting up I.mx6q from SD card

yilingxu
Contributor III

Hi,

I am tring to boot the I.mx6q board follow the guideline(https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/SABRESDB_IMX6_QSG.pdf ).  The PuTTY on my host PC is set as follow:

bits per second: 115200
data bits: 8
parity: none
stop bits: 1
flow control: none

But it doesn't display anything on the PuTTY display, and the HDMI capable monitor doesn't display anything either.(I have done nothing on SD card and board, because the guideline says there is an android system in SD card already).

Are there any specific settings has to be set?

Thanks

Yiling Xu

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yiling,

this is very strange because the process is pretty straight forward and I don't think the sdcard image is corrupted. I would check the following:

- Booting jumpers and switches. Please double check according to the quick start guide.

- Board is correctly powered.

- Make sure that the connection with Putty is working fine. The image in the HDMI display may take some time to appear.

- If the problem persists you can download a demo image y reload the image to the sdcard. You can download the images here: i.MX Software|NXP 

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

yilingxu
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

I think the image in my SD card is corrupted. 

But I also worry my board is corrupted during transport, can you determine whether my board is damaged according to the picture above?

Thanks,

Yiling Xu

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yiling,

indeed that is not what you should see in a bootable android image. You may download a demo image and deploy it on sdcard as mentioned in my previous post.

Unfortunately I cannot determine if your board is damaged or corrupted just from the image you sent, but this is not likely.

Please try downloading the demo image form the web page and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

yilingxu
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

I follow the Android Quick Start Guide to flash the demo image to SD card. I choice the demo image as follow:

Demo Images - SABRE Platform and SABRE Board based on i.MX 6QuadPlus, i.MX 6Quad and i.MX 6DualLite (Android 8.0.0 Oreo (O8.0.0_1.0.0, 4.9 kernel))

I choice the manufacturing tool as follow:

i.MX 6/7D Series Manufacturing Toolkit for Android O8.0.0_1.0.0 Release

Attached is the log printed on putty, but I can not see the android system on HDMI capable monitor. Do you have any suggestion?

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yiling,

in the web page you can find images for HDMI and for LVDS. Please verify that you chose the correct one.

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support

0 Kudos

yilingxu
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your reply. I check my connection and SD card. My connection is as follow:

IMG_20180301_094301.jpg

The putty display as follow:

3JG68CCW$D3J_UW%`PV]`FT.png

I also check the image in SD card, it shows as follow:

QQ图片20180301111333.png

Is there any problem?

Thanks,

Yiling Xu

0 Kudos