cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature sensors

berniecheah
Contributor I

Hi,

Is there any temperature sensors suitable for human body temperature?

My customer needs a sensor to detect body temperature on a wearable medical device. The selections of temp sensors are very wide, which is suitable for medical/health care applications or can detect body temp?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

NXP temperature sensors are typically used to measure temperature on electronic equipment, not for human body temperature, the reason is that none of the NXP temperature sensors are certified for medical applications, however, if you decide to use one of our pressure sensors I would recommend to use a high accuracy (+/- 1C max).

I would recommend you to use a “local and remote temperature sensor” like the SA56004X which alternately monitors the temperature of itself and that of a remote diode (which can be connected to the electrode pad of you wearable medical device) and can be used to measure the temperature hotspot of the system and that of a remote pad.

The SA56004x have an accuracy of accuracy ±1 °C on remote measuring. This temperature sensor should be connected to a compatible two-wire serial interface System Management Bus (SMBus) as a slave device using the two device terminals SCLK and SDATA.

SA56004x Datasheet: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/SA56004X.pdf

Thanks,

Jose

NXP Semiconductor

0 Kudos