Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9S12ZVCA

Jump to solution
jixiangli
Contributor III

Hello everyone:
        I have a question to ask everyone. The S9S12ZVCA192 chip is now being used to use it for motor control.
       Other functions are all normal, including the pulse width modulation module can also work normally. When I use pulse width modulation module to increase duty cycle of output gradually, the motor can run normally, but when I set up duty cycle abrupt change, the motor doesn't work. It feels like chip reset or crash.
       The chip is powered by an external 12V power supply. The duty ratio is suddenly set up. For example, when 0 suddenly changed to 100%, is the chip affected by external power, causing the motor to not work? What registers do I need to set up? How to solve it?
      Thank you so much!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jixiang,

I'm sorry but this is not clear to me.

You write that the PWM signal is correct, so how does the S12ZVC crash?

Can the driver handle the PWM? What driver do you use?

If you think that the power supply is being disturbed by the PWM, have you measured it?

Regards,

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Does the S12ZVCA chip crash?

Have you measure the PWM signal from S12ZVCA?

I suppose you use an external driver, right?

I think it depends on the specification of the driver.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
jixiangli
Contributor III

Hello  Daniel,

First of all, thank you for your reply!

It's sure that the chip doesn't work, and I'm using an external drive.This external drive is used all the time and is very mature. I also used an oscilloscope to test the PWM waveform, which is normal.
      And when I put the PWM duty ratio from 100% in 0% to slowly increase gradually, the motor drive is no problem, normal work; but when I enter the duty ratio is not increased, but when the mutation, (for example, the first input duty cycle is 3%, then the duty ratio suddenly 90%), with a motor stopped working, reset or stop working, I focus on the reasons in the search for power, because the duty ratio suddenly become very large, can cause the power disturbance, while the chip is an external 12V power supply direct power supply, do not know the reason for this is not clear, need what error flag?
      Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jixiang,

I'm sorry but this is not clear to me.

You write that the PWM signal is correct, so how does the S12ZVC crash?

Can the driver handle the PWM? What driver do you use?

If you think that the power supply is being disturbed by the PWM, have you measured it?

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
jixiangli
Contributor III

Hello  Daniel,

I've solved this problem. It's a general input and output port that affects it. I don't have this problem when I change the IO port to other pins!

Regards,

Jixiang

0 Kudos