DSP56F826 Programming Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSP56F826 Programming Issue

markoudshoorn
Contributor I

Hi - I am working with a legacy product that uses a DSP56F826 part. All I have is the s record file. Bought a USB-TAP and downloaded 56800E Flash Programmer ver 1.2. Can't figure out what .cfg file to use for this part. Do if have to make my own. Can someone help me with this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

markoudshoorn
Contributor I

Jennie -

First Thank You for helping finding info on this is next to impossible.

One last question - Do yo know if an Axiom parallel to jtag programmer will work with  Flash_Over_Jtag?

Thanks Mark

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mark,

Yes, Axiom parallel to jtag programmer supports Flash_Over_Jtag.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mark

56800E Flash Programmer is for 56800E core DSC only.

DSP56F826 has 56800 core inside which is not supported by 56800E Flash Programmer.

For DSP56F826, please use Flash_Over_Jtag instead. I just tried looking for Flash_Over_Jtag download link for you but didn't find out. If you need it, I suggest you create a private case to NXP support team:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329745?sr=search&searchId=6a877a33-4094-4f26-af47-8a12a076a7b2&se... 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

markoudshoorn
Contributor I

Do you know if it will work with USB-TAG?

Flash_Over_Jtag

Mark Oudshoorn

moudshoorn@verizon.net

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No, Flash_Over_Jtag supports parallel interface only.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos