cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue to run emwin_gui_demo from flash on i.MX RT1050

msacchi
Contributor I

Hi,

I am struggling to runfrom flash  the emwin_gui_demo (which is included in he last version of SDK 2.3.0) on iMX RT1050.

I am working with the IAR compiler and with the MIMXRT1050-EVK board.

I have no problem to run it to debug on SDRAM, as it is possible with the linker file included in the project (MIMXRT1052xxxxx_sdram.icf the same both for debug and release version?) which is mapping the code in ITCM and the data in the SDRAM.

If I try to compile the project with MIMXRT1052xxxxx_flexspi_nor.icf, which is mapping the code in the flash and the data in DTCM I am experiencing a linker error with a section placement failure (DTCM is probably not big enough).

If I try to compile with the attached linker file, which is mapping the code in the flash, the data in part in the DTCM and the NCACHE data in the sdram, I don't have linking errors, but after I download the bin file on the evb, the application doesn't run. Trying to debug with printf, it seems the code isn't starting at all. Furthermore, I am not able to debug in sdram, the pc is o more able to connect with the evb. To replace the previous situation I have to reflash the evb.

I have the same result if I map all the data in the external sdram.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards.

Marco Sacchi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marco,

I have internally escalated your issue. Depending of the answers, you may receive a reply on your also submitted Case, or on your Community Thread.

In case of having updates, please let us know. Thanks for your patience.

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos