Is there any idea to use both ENET2 and EIM simultaneously for i.MX7D?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any idea to use both ENET2 and EIM simultaneously for i.MX7D?

Jump to solution
torus1000
Contributor V

Hi,

I checked i.MX7D pins with PinTool v.4.0 then found conflictions between ENET2(RGMII2) and EIM(AD21-10).

In this case, very restricted address pins were availabe for EIM such as {A27-A22,A9-A0}.
If I changed the mode from RGMII to RMII, 4 more pins could be available as following.

{A27-A22,A19,A18,A13,A12,A9-A0}

Obviously it is not convenient for me anyway because I need to access 8Mb SRAM thru EIM.

How can I avoid this conflictions; ENET2(RGMII2) and EIM(AD21-10)?

Is there any idea to use both ENET2 and EIM simultaneously?

Can anyone help me?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

As I see, it is not possible to configure i.MX7 for Your purposes, since some RGMII2

and EIM signals have only single (conflicting) multiplexing option. Look at section 8.1.1.1

(Muxing Options) of the i.MX7D RM (Rev. 1, 01/2018).

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

As I see, it is not possible to configure i.MX7 for Your purposes, since some RGMII2

and EIM signals have only single (conflicting) multiplexing option. Look at section 8.1.1.1

(Muxing Options) of the i.MX7D RM (Rev. 1, 01/2018).

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos