AnsweredAssumed Answered

Getting started with building Yocto project BSP's for I.mx6ULL

Question asked by Sri Shan on Feb 18, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 22, 2018 by Sri Shan

I am using MCIMX6ULL-EVK|i.MX6ULL Evaluation Kit|NXP as the reference kit for my custom design

1. Can I use Host setup Ubuntu 16.04 32-bit machine for doing yocto build setup for MCIMX6ULL-EVK:I.MX6 ULL applications processor?
  2. I am using https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.9.11_1.0.0_iMX6UL7D&appType=license as the prebuilt images for MCIMX6ULL-EVK:I.MX6 ULL applications processor
  3. I am planning to use linux kernel version L4.9.11_1.0.0_iMX6UL7D for my I.Mx6 ULL as the BSPs sources which needs to be built with yocto build setup, may I know does L4.9.11_1.0.0_iMX6UL7D using linu kernel version 4.9?
  4. I am referring to "fsl-yocto-L4.9.11_1.0.0" docs, where in the "i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide" I have executed the steps mentioned in the section no's 3, 4 and 5 on my Ubuntu 16.04 32 bit machine, but in the build configurations i am not able to find the imx6ull14x14evk, as per the logs attached below
  5. And after the above step, may I know which is the "freescale yocto project image" mentioned in section 5.2, that i need to select so that it contains RTSP, web serverapp libraries, Audio via HTML 5, streaming web Radio applcations for my applications??
  6. I hope since there is no NAND flash chip mounted in MCIM6ULL-EVK, is my assumption is correct? may I know the NAND flash chip size and make that can be mounted in the foot print externally if it is not mounted?
  7. May I know how NAND flash can be programmed with uboot, kernel and rootfs?
  8. I would like to go initially with SD card, may I know which is the confirgurations that I need to choose for booting from SD card initially as mentioned in section number 5.5 ?, adn then move onto NAND
  9. May I know what is the next build setup procedure that needs to executed to get built images of u-boot, linux kernel, rootfs for "L4.9.11_1.0.0_iMX6UL7D" version?

Attachments

Outcomes