Javascript/JSON/HTML5/websocket browser on i.MX6?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Javascript/JSON/HTML5/websocket browser on i.MX6?

sergei_p
Contributor III

Hello,

A customer running i.MX6 with a recent NXP Yocto build is asking for a browser with the following features:

1) https support
2) websocket compatibility with linux libwebsockets
3) json and javascript support
4) HTML5 support

The purpose is to stream a video to a 800x480 LCD from  a camera providing MJPEG or from rstp server providing MPEG3 or MJPEG streams.

Our i.MX6 platform supports Linux Framebuffer. No X11, no Wayland.

As far as I understand, this should be a QtWebkit or QtWebengine browser.

Putting aside a possible performance issues, the questions are:

- if there are some out-of-the-box working examples with the above feature available in Yocto Qt?

- If not, could someone please outline amount of work needed to bring up the above capabilities using these examples as a starting point?

Thanks!

Regards,

Sergei

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sergei

please check 5.6.6 Chromium Browser attached Yocto Guide and support description of these features:

[meta-freescale] [question] What is the state of qt5 webengine html5 hw acceleration support? 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sergei_p
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Chromium or Firefox are not option for us because they don't support Linux Framebuffer, only X11 or wayland. At least build for them failed immediately in my build tree with complain that X11 is not available.

Any other hints?

Thanks!

Regards,

Sergei

0 Kudos