CW-Tools standalone for commandline build?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW-Tools standalone for commandline build?

ralphi
Contributor I

About 10 years ago I've written Firmware for the HCS08GT16A in Assembler (MCUinit and main) using CW6.3.

In 2017 some changes had to be made and the request of some collegues came up to build the firmware automatically on our buildservers. I did not really find information to do this task in CW 6.3. Since I've found tutorials to do the commandline build using CW10.x I've migrated my project to CW10.4 (which I had already installed some years ago). The resulting .s19 was nearly exactly the same. The difference was only the order of the parts in the flash memory (in CW6.3 it was start.c, main.asm, mcuinit.asm, in CW10.4 it was start.c, MCUinit.asm, main.asm). So far so good. So I tried the ecd.exe as written in the tutorial... And it works :-) Again so far so good!

But now the reason for my question: Our buildserver admin likes to have the necessary build tools in a "tools"-Folder which is committed to our repository together with the source files. Then the build can be done on each buildserver without installing software on them. If this is not possible we'd have to install CW 10.4 on one of these servers and the build could then be done only on this particular server.

So, is it possible to move all the necessary files for the build environment (no ide, debugger, burner,... needed) in a subfolder or must CW be installed completely on one of the servers?

Or if not possible with cw10.4, is it possible with cw6.3?

Every help is appreciated, many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Ralph

0 Kudos
1 Reply

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ralph,

yes, you can easily do this and run the tools on the build server.

All the necessary binary files (assembler, compiler, linker) are located in the <cw>\MCU\prog directory.

Use the piper.exe to launch them for the commandline version (see <cw>\MCU\Help\PDF\MCU_Build_Tools_Utilities.pdf) andd search for piper.exe

You need as well the <cw>\MCU\lib\hc08c folder as it contains all header files and libraries.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos