MPC5777C - What is the guidance for USB/SDHC peripherals etc

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777C - What is the guidance for USB/SDHC peripherals etc

axelrietschin
Contributor II

What is the guidance to add USB peripherals (say a USB 2.0 host port to attach some mass-storage device) and/or SDHC storage cards to a system centered around the MPC5777C?

Should I think of adding a Kinetis (for example) with the peripheral interfaces I need? If that is the case, what is the recommended interfacing method between the MPC and the (say) K20?

Can I write to a file on an exFAT-formatted USB stick directly from the MPC577C?

Thanks,

Axel

2 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

everything depends on application requirements and on the expected cost. The best way is to use single MCU which has all the features you need. It will be probably cheaper than other solutions when you need more MCUs or other external circuits. Also the PCB would be larger => higher cost.

If you want to use MPC5777C in any case, there’s no problem to connect SD card using SPI interface.

USB controller can be connected either using EBI or there are also versions with SPI. SPI interface will be slower, so again, it depends on required speed of data transfers.

You can use any kind of file system – it’s a matter of software. I believe you can find some open source examples on the web. 

Regard,

Lukas

marcellobellini
Contributor I

i use FT313H of FTDI connected to EBI

0 Kudos