SPI pins on development kit of MPC5748G

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI pins on development kit of MPC5748G

p070042
Contributor III

Hi, I would like to ask about on board SPI pins on development kit for MPC5748G based board.

How many SPI connections I can used at the time?

I have read in user manual of MPC5748G that it support 6 SPI. while on board I am only able to locate 1. that is confusing for me. Could anyone guide me that how much connection at a time can I use on following development board? 

Following is the link of the board that i would like to purchase.

https://www.digikey.com/products/en?mpart=DEVKIT-MPC5748G&v=568 

Tags (2)
5 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MPC5748G has 4 DSPI and 6 SPI modules. On 176LQFP package that is used on DEVKIT, all those are available, but are shared with other peripherals and moreover some pins can be connected to other board's ICs.

Anyway at least SPI0, SPI3, SPI4, SPI5, DSPI0 and DSPI3 (assuming CLK, SIN, SOUT, CS0 pins) are free and available on GPIO connectors. DSPI2 can be used on Flexray debug connector.

BR, Petr

p070042
Contributor III

Hi,

One more thing getting me confused that this kit is having package 176LQFP. So what is the difference between 176LQFP and BGA 256 package. One thing is sure that BGA256 having more pins. So SPI, CAN pinouts can be different in both packages?

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

you can check the pinout using the I/O Signal Description and Input Multiplexing tables attached to the device Reference Manual as an Excel file.

BR, Petr

p070042
Contributor III

Hi,

It looks me using Excel sheet that both the pins of og 176LQFP and BGA256 are different,as I need to write driver for BFA256 package so the Dev kit based 176LQFP will be of no use. Am I right or you have different opinion?

Or can I write driver for BGA256 package using same kit?

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

So if you need to work with BGA256 package, why don’t you look for MPC574XG-MB directly; https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/power-architecture-processors/mpc5xxx-5...

For sure you can test your code/driver on the DEVKIT-MPC5748G, but you must be aware not all Ports are available on package with less pins.

The Excel gives you assignment guide between MCU’s Ports (its functions) and MCU’s package pins.

BR, Petr