AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem generating iMX SDK in Yocto release 4.9.11-1.0.0, imx-morty

Question asked by D. RY on Feb 14, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 3, 2018 by D. RY

I'm using the imx-morty Yocto as released, and I built image build-fb-machine-test, no problem.

I also then built SDK installer , and tested it, installed it. It installed with no errors and no problems, no warnings.

After this I did a few very minor modifications to the default setup - like add extra apps and a dev library- and rebuilt image and sdk. Image seems fine.

But now I got some problem with the generated SDK installer.  And I tried to force re-generating it few times with no luck.

It seems like its' not generated correctly and missing files.  When I start installing it, I get message:

Extracting SDK...............................................................................................done
Setting it up...ls: cannot access '/opt/fsl-imx-fb/4.9.11-1.0.0/environment-setup-*': No such file or directory

At this step the installer / extractor hangs, and does not proceed further. I have to Cntr-C / kill it. It seems that the installed files are not complete, relative to first proper install it seems ~500Mb is missing. I guess after that error trace above things don't carry on.

Looking at first proper install vs hanged:

good install:

rw-r--r--. 1 root root 3458 Dec 15 18:00 environment-setup-cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 54841 Dec 15 18:00 site-config-cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
drwxr-xr-x. 4 root root 4096 Dec 15 17:40 sysroots
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 134 Dec 15 18:00 version-cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi

bad install:

-rwxrwxr-x. 1 root root 9080 Feb 15 00:17 relocate_sdk.py
drwxr-xr-x. 4 root root 4096 Dec 15 17:40 sysroots

So those environment files definitely not there.

If I search for them in the build setup, I see they are seems all there:

/fsl-release-bsp/build-fb-machine-test/tmp/work/x86_64-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux/meta-environment-imx7dsabresd/1.0-r8/sdk/image/opt/fsl-imx-fb/4.9.11-1.0.0/environment-setup-cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
/fsl-release-bsp/build-fb-machine-test/tmp/work/x86_64-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux/meta-environment-imx7dsabresd/1.0-r8/packages-split/meta-environment-imx7dsabresd/opt/fsl-imx-fb/4.9.11-1.0.0/environment-setup-cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi

/fsl-release-bsp/build-fb-machine-test/tmp/work/x86_64-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux/meta-environment-imx7dsabresd/1.0-r8/package/opt/fsl-imx-fb/4.9.11-1.0.0/environment-setup-cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
/fsl-release-bsp/build-fb-machine-test/tmp/work/x86_64-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux/meta-environment-imx7dsabresd/1.0-r8/image/opt/fsl-imx-fb/4.9.11-1.0.0/environment-setup-cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
/fsl-release-bsp/build-fb-machine-test/tmp/work/x86_64-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux/meta-environment-extsdk-imx7dsabresd/1.0-r8/sdk/image/opt/fsl-imx-fb/4.9.11-1.0.0/environment-setup-cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
/fsl-release-bsp/build-fb-machine-test/tmp/work/x86_64-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux/meta-environment-extsdk-imx7dsabresd/1.0-r8/packages-split/meta-environment-extsdk-imx7dsabresd/opt/fsl-imx-fb/4.9.11-1.0.0/environment-setup-cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
/fsl-release-bsp/build-fb-machine-test/tmp/work/x86_64-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux/meta-environment-extsdk-imx7dsabresd/1.0-r8/package/opt/fsl-imx-fb/4.9.11-1.0.0/environment-setup-cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
/fsl-release-bsp/build-fb-machine-test/tmp/work/x86_64-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux/meta-environment-extsdk-imx7dsabresd/1.0-r8/image/opt/fsl-imx-fb/4.9.11-1.0.0/environment-setup-cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi

I have no clue why they don't make it into the SDK installer, and why things go bad ...

Anyone could help?

Thanks

Outcomes