cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V4L2 API and OpenGL on IMX6Q?

Jump to solution
byunggukchoi
Contributor II

I'm trying to capture images from web camera using V4L2 mmap API and process them with OpenGL for performance.

How to implement on I.MX6Q Sabre Auto hardware?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ByungGuk

for web camera one can use gstreamer and sect.7.3.10 Web camera

attached Linux Guide with NXP software BSPs described on

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-6ser...

There is support for V4L2 in NXP Linux BSPs and it is described in Chapter 9 Video for Linux Two (V4L2) Driver

attached Linux Manual. However for using it with web camera seems one will have to develop

custom drivers.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
yyuan
Contributor III

hi

i want to use OpenGL adding OSD in the image of the sensor. please how  does OpenGL receive the image of the sensor?  i dont`t know how to do it.

please help me.

thank you

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ByungGuk

for web camera one can use gstreamer and sect.7.3.10 Web camera

attached Linux Guide with NXP software BSPs described on

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-6ser...

There is support for V4L2 in NXP Linux BSPs and it is described in Chapter 9 Video for Linux Two (V4L2) Driver

attached Linux Manual. However for using it with web camera seems one will have to develop

custom drivers.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!