Doxygen in CW 10.7

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doxygen in CW 10.7

bengtandersson
Contributor III

We are using Doxygen for code documentation and Eclox to integrate this into the CW IDE 10.7. This has worked without problems for some years now. Now after we have bought new PC:s with windows 10 it’s hard to get things working.
Normally a blue ”@” is visible in the toolbar but this one is now not visible. Doxygen and Graphviz are installed and Exlox is installed via ”Install New Software…” under help. Doxygen is selected as documentation tool in ”preferences”.
Are any important steps missed or are there any known problems with Windows 10?

/ Bengt Andersson

0 Kudos
7 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Did you use the zip file from eclox | Eclox ?

And what version did you install. For CW for MCU 10.7 I have the version 0.8 installed.

The CW Eclipse version is a bit older, but the 0.8 version works for me:

pastedImage_1.png

In any case: the following article is a bit older too, but should help you: 5 Best Eclipse Plugins: #1 (Eclox with Doxygen, Graphviz and Mscgen) | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

bengtandersson
Contributor III

Hi Erich!

Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm using a zip file from this site. The name of the zip file is "org.gna.eclox.site-0.12.1-SNAPSHOT". I will try the older 0.8 to see if it works better. Do you know which version is suitable for CW 11.0?
We have always used the article you are refering to but for some reason the address http://download.gna.org/eclox/update/ is no longer accessible.
/Bengt
0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bengt,

I have added a note to that article. The thing is that the Eclox project ownership has changed and moved to that site and GitHub site.

CW for MCU10.0 uses the same Eclipse version as 10.7, and I'm using the Eclox 0.8 version there as well.

Erich

0 Kudos

bengtandersson
Contributor III

Hi Erich!

I found one 0.8 version on https://github.com/anb0s/eclox/releases but this one is not working when trying to install.

How and where can I find a working 0.8 version??

/Bengt

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bengt,

This is what I did:

1) Downloaded the .zip file from eclox | Eclox 

2) extracted the zip file

3) Help > Install new software and pointed to the location in 2)

4) installed the 0.8 version from it (see above screenshot)

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

bengtandersson
Contributor III
Hi Erich!
Finally it works!!!
Some suggestions for improvements in "5 Best Eclipse Plugins: #1 (Eclox with Doxygen, Graphviz and Mscgen) | MCU on Eclipse." 
The address http://download.gna.org/eclox/update/ is still there though it's not available. Maybe it should be removed to avoid confusion.
In https://anb0s.github.io/eclox/ there are lots of installation instructions and it would be nice if you make clear that all instructions following after "Download.zip" just can be skipped.
Then I still have a problems after installation of Eclox 0.8. After installation everything runs perfectly but after a while CW promps for an update and this update is for Eclox! I accept this update (0.10.2) and after restart of CW I try once again to build documentation. It seems to work but nothing is build. The folder where the documentation should have been placed remains empty. After uninstalling Eclox and reinstalling 0.8 once again it works as intended. Note that this happened when I tried with CW 11.0 .

/ Bengt

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bengt,

many thanks for all the feedback. I have updated that article now.

In general, I'm very careful about updating plugins in Eclipse: it searches for the latest and greatest, but as the CodeWarrior for MCU 10.x and 11.x IDE is based on the old Eclipse 4.2 Juno release, not all the new plugins might work.

Erich

0 Kudos