I am using CW 10.7 and need to limit the srecord bytes per line. How do I set the default?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using CW 10.7 and need to limit the srecord bytes per line. How do I set the default?

frederickvilla
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I need to limit the number of bytes in an srecord line in CodeWarrior 10.7 .How do I set the default to only allow 16 bytes per line. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

frederickvilla
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I guess I should mention that we are using the S08 toolset, do you have the options for the S08 burner tool?

Thanks,

Fred

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Fred,

If you use s08 device, it's easier. Just add command

SLINELEN=16

to burner.bbl file.

save and rebuild. We will see the new generated s19 file is 16bytes per line.

pastedImage_3.png

For more information about SLINELEN, please perform "search" in CW10 help .

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

frederickvilla
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, I have another question. I need to generate an S-Record file that pads the unused memory location from 0xC000 to 0xFFFF and each record must contain 32 data bytes. Is there a straight forward way to do this with the S08 linker or burner?

Thanks,

Fred

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fred,

see <CW Install>/MCU/Help/PDF/MCU_Build_Tools_Utilities.pdf:

the burner has the SLINELEN command which you can use to limit the S-Record line length.

And the Linker has the FILL command which you can use to fill a segment with a pattern.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

frederickvilla
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Excellent! That works perfectly.

Thank you,

Fred

0 Kudos