Updates to Kinetis Studio hang after license accpetance.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates to Kinetis Studio hang after license accpetance.

ianharris
Contributor I

When I try to update kinetis studio or install new software the install hangs after I accept the license agreement. I'm using LInux Mint 18.3 and latest version of Kinetis .deb installed a couple of days ago.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ianharris
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the quick reply and apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

I have installed MCUXpresso IDE, and am currently trying to understand it all. I have to say I'm a humble amateur, just a hobbyist trying to develop a project using an NXP processor. Mine is in a Teensy 3.6 from pjrc.com. While I appreciate the huge power of the MK66 processor (and at a very good price from prjc.com) I have found that, so far anyway, MCUXpresso is very complex and difficult to understand, and I'm too old to spend a lot of time trying to learn it. I was hoping the processor expert would help me past a lot of the complexity, but it does not support the Teensy, and I'm having a lot of trouble understanding it anyway.

My needs are very simple (a load of analog and digital inputs, and one PPM output (using PWM timer) for a radio control transmitter encoder for model aircraft). Fortunately there is good support for the Teensy in the Arduino IDE, which I don't like much (as it is quite limited) but it is easy and I can understand it and make things work. I'm not giving up on MCUXpresso yet, but I'm not expecting to come to grips with it any time soon. It'll take me a while...

Thanks again for your time and patience,

Ian

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ian,

Kinetis Design Studio supports Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Linux Mint 18.3 is based on Ubuntu 16.04, I would recommend you to use MCUXpresso IDE instead, it is our newest IDE that has superseded KDS and supports Ubuntu 16 and later:

www.nxp.com/mcuxpresso/ide

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos