cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB OTG ID Pin / i.MX7Sabre EVB / OTG as Device

marcfigliuolo
Contributor I

Hello
I want to use the USB_OTG port on i.MX7 as Host/Device. The USB_OTG specification says if I want 

to use a USB_OTG Interface as host one need to ground the ID Pin <10 Ohms. Is there any reason to 

ground it with a pulldown of 10k like its done on the i.MX7Sabre EVB on USB_OTG2?

OTG2 is there used as host only.

Can one say if its allowed to just Pull the ID Pin externally high, instead of left it floating, when I want to use OTG as USB device? 

Greets

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Marc,

We suggest always to use the resistor, since with the OTG, you can have the Host or  the device functionality based on the attach device,  ,so the  OTG cables can change from HOST to DEVICE  putting the ID pin to High or Low depending on the functionality required.

Yes you can Pull the ID to High if you always plan to have the device to behave as DEVICE.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos