AnsweredAssumed Answered

ls1021a remoteproc

Question asked by Yaset Oliva on Feb 9, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 15, 2018 by Yaset Oliva

Hello,

I'd like to know if there is any example of using remoteproc with ls1021a cpu that I can use as reference?

I'm currently trying to "port" the Xilinx echo_test app in document UG1186 to an twr-ls1021a board. I basically modifiy the code that has been used for the zynq_remoteproc driver (linux-xlnx/zynq_remoteproc.c at master · Xilinx/linux-xlnx · GitHub ).

After several modifications, I'm at the point where the firmware is about to be copied into the memory location where the secondary core expects it to be. However, I don't understand what is done with mem_pools, virtual addr, etc within the "zynq_remoteproc_probe" method and I dont know what I'm supposed to write into my device tree file.

I'd appreciate any help,

Thanks ,

Yaset

UPDATE:

Some parts of the driver seem to work. It loads and create the sysfs files where i can set the firmware and the state. After setting the state to "start" , i can see the start function of the driver doing the procedure to boot the cpu1, that is:

1- set Boot Release Register (DCFG_CCSR_BRR) to release cpu 1

2- set start address where the firmware should be (0xa0000000 in my case) into register (scratch1)

3- execute the "sev" instruction.

Note that i've successfully tested this procedure from u-boot. The difference is  that now, within the driver, i use virtual addresses for accessing those registers. I get the virtual addresses from the ioremap function.

So, cpu1 is supposed to be executing the firmware. The firmware just writes a predefined value into another shared register (scratch2). Then from my driver i read at the address assigned to this register (again i use ioremap to get the virtual address), but the expected value isn't there.

I should tell that i'm booting the kernel with only cpu0. Could it affect my driver?

Is there a way to know whether the cpu 1 is running?

Outcomes