Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue loading program into S12Z- Codewarrior

Jump to solution
alexishernandez
Contributor III

Hi community,

I'm struggling trying to debug a program using the DEVKIT-S12ZVL board and the codewarrior sw. It seems that codewarriors doesn't detect the board or that it's turned off, here is the output error:pastedImage_1.png

Notice that the computer and program actually detected the board :
pastedImage_2.png

At first i thought that the board was the problem because i tried several configurations with the jumpers attached but nothing seemed to help, so i ordered another board. When tried to program the new board i get an ouput message saying that the firmware was outdated and it asked me to update it, so i did. After that i got the same behavior with the first board.

The program i'm trying to load is an example code generated with processor expert and another one was generated following the steps to make a program for de S12ZVL board. Same behavior for both.

pastedImage_3.png

- CodeWarrior for MCU
Version: 11.0
Build Id:170926
Board: DEVKIT-S12ZVL

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alexis Hernandez ,

It needs  connected a 12V DC power supply on J15, then it can work well .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alexis Hernandez ,

It needs  connected a 12V DC power supply on J15, then it can work well .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

alexishernandez
Contributor III

Hi Alice,
That was the problem, when i received the kit it did not came with an external power supply and didn't saw anything about that on the "Getting started ..." file. Sorry for the newbie question.
Thak you very much.

Best regards

0 Kudos
christinar
Contributor II

Hi Alexis,

I´m a student from Germany and I have the same problem. I´m using the DEVKIT-S12ZVC Board.

The data sheet says you can connect USB or the external 12V power supply. If I connect only the 12V, how can I debug with CodeWarrior? Or do I have to connect both?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Christina

0 Kudos
alexishernandez
Contributor III

Hi Christina,
Sorry for the late response, maybe you already solved it by yourself.
But yes, the evaluation board needs the power supply of 12 V using the DC connector and you need to connect the PC through the USB port.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Alexis,

It's my pleasure !

BR

Alice

0 Kudos