I.MX6DL USB_OTG_VBUS ALWAY OUTPUT 4.4V

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX6DL USB_OTG_VBUS ALWAY OUTPUT 4.4V

zhongweihe
Contributor I

My new project used MCU is I.MX6DL , it has tow USB ports ,one port use as a host ,and one port use as a device . now my question is why the  USB device port alway has 4.4V output from USB_OTG_VBUS?USB_OTG_VBUS.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

zhongweihe
Contributor I

Hello Igorpadykov:

The first ,thanks your good support ,but I still can't understand why the 3P0 VBUS_sel registor set to 1 and the USB_OTG_VBUS  output 4.4V from MCU itself. but if VBUS_sel set to 0 ,the USB_OTG_VBUS is 0.38V ,could you please help explain what is difference between VBUS_sel registor set to 0 and 1?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi zhongwei

in i.MX6DL this is input, so probably it is connected somewhere

on board to 4.4V, other reason is that chip may be damaged.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

zhongweihe
Contributor I

Hello Igorpadykov:

After we analysised ,we fond that if 3p0 registor  bit7(VBUS_SEL) was set 0, measured the voltage of USB_OTG_VBUS is about 0.38V. i don't know why? could you please help explain it .thanks so much.

3P0 registor.png

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

please look at Figure 50-1. Power system overview

i.MX6DQ Reference Manual
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6DQRM.pdf

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos