Help me start programming in the KL25Z please!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me start programming in the KL25Z please!

mariogomez
Contributor I

Hello everyone, I would like to as help from everyone here.

I'm a student of Software Engineering that was thrown into Programming for Embbebed Systems at my University since it's an obligatory class for my career.

The thing, I'm irregular and was sent to take it with mechatronics instead of software, changing from UDOO to the KL. And I have never used low level C in my life.

This are the pre-labs. Which everyone else in class already has the basis to do since they have been programming with the board for 2 years.

And when I asked for help, all the professor told to me was that everything was in the Reference Manual to read chapter 12 - 10 - 11 - 28 in that order. I literally don't understand the Reference Manual.

I was wondering if you guys could help in several ways, the most important being how to set-up pins and if possible some ADC and UART examples.

And for some help in sources or how to get a crash course in embedded programming, because to me using memory directions and pointers looks like witchcraft to me. Especially since I was NOT allowed to use Code-Warriors or any driver/library at all. Everything is to be done by hand.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Matio Gomez,

If you want to learn the KL25 and the programming, the official FRDM-KL25 board and the according SDK code is a good choice for you.

1. Hardware

FRDM-KL25

FRDM-KL25Z|Freedom Development Platform|Kinetis MCU|NXP 

Refer to the Getting started item.

2. Software

Please download our KSDK2.2-FRDM-KL25 from this link:

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

Select board as FRDM-KL25, then download it, this code contains all the KL25 modules and the get start document.

The support IDE in the SDK can be IAR, MDK, MCUXpresso IDE, KDS

Please check the according website link, and learn it at first by yourself.

Wish it helps you.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos