AnsweredAssumed Answered

ENET_1588_EVENTx_INPUT in Linux

Question asked by Christopher Laatsch on Feb 6, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 7, 2018 by Christopher Laatsch

Hello,

I am interested in being able to use the ENET_1588_EVENTx_INPUT signals that are available in the iMX6 MAC blocks in Linux to timestamp external signals. We are currently running hardware-assisted PTP (via the ptp4l/phc2sys programs) under the reference Yocto build [4.9.11-1.0.0+gc27010d (bamboo@yb4) (gcc version 6.2.0 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Sep 17 14:01:41 CDT 2017] on our NXP MCIMX6UL-BB Evaluation Board.

I realize that the reference board, as designed may not allow us physical access to the signals but I was more interested in "conceptually" how I would access the timestamps in Linux (or if there were even available or if the driver support the functionality) as well as a sample of the Device Tree Modifications that would be necessary to enable the features. If there is a method of accessing these signals, we would integrate those into our customer "carrier board".

If anyone has experience time stamping external signals via the ENET_1588_EVENTx_INPUT signals in Linux, any information that can be provided would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Laatsch

Outcomes