cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency trim not working on 9S08 with Code Warrior 6.1

Jump to solution
jmv
Contributor I
I am using Code Warrior 6.1 with a 9S08QE128 target in the DEMOQE development board. I have selected the P&E Multilink/Cyclone Pro connection and am connecting through the USB port.

I have noticed that although I tell it to use a custom trim frequency of 32768kHz, the downloader always states that it is recommends the trim value of $AC, which it then programs into the trim register. This is irrespective of what I set as the custom frequency. I measure the frequency by timing intervals between 1ms interrupts, and this is always about 477 Hz, not 500Hz.

The same setup works correctly with the ColdFire MCF51QE128. I can trim the ICS to give me exactly 500Hz.

Does the downloader in Hiwave not support the frequency trim option with the 9S08 processor? I am guessing it doesn't as it always uses the recommended value $AC for the trim.

This is a nuisance because the baud rate is now out of spec and the SCI interface misses some characters. This doesn't happen with the ColdFire processor.

Is there a way to get a custom frequency trim to work on the 9S08 with my setup?

Thanks
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
fabio
Contributor IV
Hi jmv,

I think this is a known issue of CW 6.1. I related it to Freescale's support and PEmicro's support. This issue was only solved by upgrading to CW6.2.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fabio
Contributor IV
Hi jmv,

I think this is a known issue of CW 6.1. I related it to Freescale's support and PEmicro's support. This issue was only solved by upgrading to CW6.2.

Best regards,
0 Kudos