Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using UART to communicate with another board

johanandrade
Contributor III

Hello,

Here is the hardware I'm using:

• LPCXpressor54608 Eval Board REV. B
  • (x2) R41Z Eval Board (based of NXP KW41Z)

Currently I have two R41Z communicating via Thread protocol. I'm now trying to have the LPCX board send a message to one R41Z via UART which in turn sends the wireless signal to the the remote R41Z. I createed a GUI for the LPCX using touchgfx software (TouchGFX 4.9.0 - Installation Guide for NXP LPC54608 – TouchGFX ). I want the user when they interact with the GUI to send the UART message to the connected R41Z. I'm using J11 pins 2/3 for UART TX/RX.

How would I go about adding UART functionality to the LPCX and the R41Z? I'm using I have to continue to program the UART using KEIL since that's the compatible debugger for touchgfx. On the LPCX SDK there are driver files for USART and examples. Would this be the best way to implement it? How about on the R41Z side? Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Johan,

Using the examples and drivers of the SDK is definitely a good way to implement the USART . You can try the examples first to understand how they work and how they configure the USART.

For the KW41Z you also have a SDK, so it's also a good idea to use the examples and drivers from there as a guide to your project.

If you have any more doubts please let me know.

Have a great day, 

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos