Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFRC522 compatible antenna

petrosselinis
Contributor I

Hello,

This is my first time in this forum.

I am a new developer and I am currently trying to build a custom NFC portable reader device.

I have already successfully used the MFRC522 arduino module. But now, I need a smaller solution, so I found out that I can use an IC reader (Standard performance MIFARE® and NTAG® frontend|NXP ). I guess that I need to connect this IC with an external antenna.

Are there any compatible antennas available?

I have no expertise in building and tuning one by myself, and a small external antenna is needed for my project. I am looking forward to any suggestions.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

mansur_arudam
Contributor I

i have same issue, i want to separate the chip and external antena with cable lenght 20 cm from chip to antenna?, any bodies help me?

0 Kudos

stathism
Contributor I

Hi Petros, any luck with this?

I have the same need.

Thanks

Stathis

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can find available in the documentation of the link you posted two applications notes regarding the antenna design for that part. Please consider that this part is not recommended for new design. For new designs we recommend MFRC630.

Best Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

petrosselinis
Contributor I

Hello Estephania,

First of all, thank you for your immediate response.

I have already seen these application notes, however, I wanted to ask if there is any suggested antenna, compatible with MFRC522, that I can buy and connect to the IC or module, because I have no expertise and no equipment in order to design, manufacture and calibrate an antenna by myself.

I also know that your recommendation is the MFRC630, but I preferred the MFRC522, because I am using the Arduino IDE and there are more information and libraries available for it.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

We do not sell antennas, we give some references on how to design them that are like the documents I recommended you. 

Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you. 

Regards,

Estephania 

0 Kudos