How to minimize the current consumption?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to minimize the current consumption?

ronakgarnara
Contributor I

Hi,
we are using JN_SW_4168 Stack and JN5169 controller for development of Home Automation device.
In our Home Automation application, We have configured zigbee device as end device type. So based on the configuration Rx On When Idle is selected as true in ZPSConfig editor.
We have configured application like, no use of any DIOs and LEDS, also all the timers used in application are stopped. At this stage, if we measure current consumption of the device, is approx. 15 mA.
So is there any way to minimize this current as low as possible ? Is there any configuration required in application to minimize the current consumption ?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

patrick_pan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,Ronak

you can't reduce current consumption as expected while using non-sleep ZED

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ronak,

Please take a look at JN-AN-1229. The Sleeping End Device.

The node will search for suitable ZigBee PRO networks that it may join, Once joined, the node will schedule sleep using the Power Manager (PWRM) module - by default, the sleep duration is set to 5 seconds.

The current was 2.8mA in sleep mode.
Note: I am working on the carrier board, I measured the entire board, and I am not enabled the deep sleep mode.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

ronakgarnara
Contributor I

Hi Mario,

Our requirement is Rx  should be on after device joined the network . So we have configure our device as a end device in the  ZPSConfig editor and we have not  use the sleep mode. so is there any way for Rx is on and current consumption can be reduce?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ronak,

Please take a look at the 3.8 Doze Mode

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/JN-UG-3116.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1 

Also, for a better reference, the JN-AN-1001 explains in more detail the JN516x Powe Consumption

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos