What is the absolute maximum supply voltage for MK20 microcontroller ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the absolute maximum supply voltage for MK20 microcontroller ?

tiagoribeiro
Contributor I

Hello, the datasheet show the "Voltage and current operating requirements", "Voltage and current operating ratings" and 'all 5 V tolerant digital I/O pins are internally clamped to VSS through an ESD protection diode", but i did not find the absolute maximum voltage that could danify MK20.

Thank you

2 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The values in the “Voltage and current operating ratings” are the maximum operating conditions, so the maximum VDD is 3.8 V, otherwise you can damage(damnify) the MCU.

Voltage and current operating ratings.PNG

The actual recommended VDD is in the “Voltage and current operating requirements” table, this is from 1.71 V to 3.6 V.

VDD Voltage and current operating requirements.PNG

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OilCastle
Contributor II

As I understand, you mean 'How much voltage can be possible to Vdd pin', right?

It said Vdd max is 3.8[V] in document "K20P144M120SF3.pdf"

I'm not sure what 'danify' means.

So I think MK20's absolute maximum voltage is 3.8[V]. - datasheet page 8

By the way, in my perspective, 5[V] tolerable means not acceptable, just can take.

IMO, Avoiding input voltage higher than Vdd is a better choice. - Just opinion :smileyhappy:

Good day //

0 Kudos