Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS BSP MX7: Unresolved References

Jump to solution
demoniacmilk
Contributor IV

Hello community,

I have set up a build environment based on Eclipse and ARM MCU Plugins.
The IDE provides example projects for the STM32, including the STM HAL etc. I can successfully build these example projects, so my IDE and toolchain should be set up correctly.

To get some testing done on the MX7 I created a new project including the "blinking_mx_demo" and the freeRTOS source files from the MX7 FreeRTOS SDK.

projectStruct.PNG

On creating the elf file, a lot of errors are produced in the following files:

errorsInFiles.PNG

Console output:

Building target: MX7_M4_Test.elf
Invoking: GNU ARM Cross C Linker
arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -O0 -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -ffreestanding -fno-builtin -g3 -Xlinker --gc-sections -Wl,-Map,"MX7_M4_Test.map" -o "MX7_M4_Test.elf" ./freeRTOS/portable/MemMang/heap_2.o ./freeRTOS/portable/GCC/ARM_CM4F/port.o ./freeRTOS/croutine.o ./freeRTOS/event_groups.o ./freeRTOS/list.o ./freeRTOS/queue.o ./freeRTOS/tasks.o ./freeRTOS/timers.o ./blinking_imx_demo/gpio_ctrl.o ./blinking_imx_demo/gpt_timer.o ./blinking_imx_demo/hardware_init.o ./blinking_imx_demo/main.o
path/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m/fpv4-sp/hard\libg.a(lib_a-exit.o): In function `exit':
exit.c:(.text.exit+0x16): undefined reference to `_exit'
./blinking_imx_demo/gpio_ctrl.o: In function `GPIO_Ctrl_InitKeyPin':
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/gpio_ctrl.c:81: undefined reference to `RDC_SEMAPHORE_Lock'
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/gpio_ctrl.c:83: undefined reference to `GPIO_Init'
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/gpio_ctrl.c:85: undefined reference to `RDC_SEMAPHORE_Unlock'
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/gpio_ctrl.c:90: undefined reference to `gpioKeyFunc1'
./blinking_imx_demo/gpio_ctrl.o: In function `GPIO_Ctrl_ToggleLed':
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/gpio_ctrl.c:112: undefined reference to `debug_printf'
./blinking_imx_demo/gpio_ctrl.o: In function `GPIO_Ctrl_WaitKeyPressed':
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/gpio_ctrl.c:127: undefined reference to `RDC_SEMAPHORE_Lock'
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/gpio_ctrl.c:132: undefined reference to `GPIO_SetPinIntMode'
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/gpio_ctrl.c:134: undefined reference to `RDC_SEMAPHORE_Unlock'
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/gpio_ctrl.c:139: undefined reference to `debug_printf'
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/gpio_ctrl.c:165: undefined reference to `gpioKeyFunc1'
./blinking_imx_demo/gpt_timer.o: In function `Hw_Timer_Init':
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/gpt_timer.c:58: undefined reference to `GPT_Init'
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/gpt_timer.c:61: undefined reference to `GPT_SetClockSource'
./blinking_imx_demo/gpt_timer.o: In function `Hw_Timer_Delay':
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/gpt_timer.c:94: undefined reference to `GPT_SetIntCmd'
./blinking_imx_demo/hardware_init.o: In function `hardware_init':
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/hardware_init.c:37: undefined reference to `BOARD_RdcInit'
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/hardware_init.c:39: undefined reference to `BOARD_ClockInit'
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/hardware_init.c:41: undefined reference to `dbg_uart_init'
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/hardware_init.c:59: undefined reference to `CCM_UpdateRoot'
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/hardware_init.c:71: undefined reference to `configure_gpio_pin'
path_to_example/blinking_imx_demo/hardware_init.c:72: undefined reference to `gpioKeyFunc1'
./blinking_imx_demo/main.o: In function `SwitchTask':
path_to_example//blinking_imx_demo/main.c:68: undefined reference to `debug_printf'
./blinking_imx_demo/main.o: In function `main':
path_to_example//blinking_imx_demo/main.c:92: undefined reference to `debug_printf'
path/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m/fpv4-sp/hard\libg.a(lib_a-abort.o): In function `abort':
abort.c:(.text.abort+0xa): undefined reference to `_exit'
path/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m/fpv4-sp/hard\libg.a(lib_a-sbrkr.o): In function `_sbrk_r':
sbrkr.c:(.text._sbrk_r+0xc): undefined reference to `_sbrk'
path/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m/fpv4-sp/hard\libg.a(lib_a-signalr.o): In function `_kill_r':
signalr.c:(.text._kill_r+0x10): undefined reference to `_kill'
path/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m/fpv4-sp/hard\libg.a(lib_a-signalr.o): In function `_getpid_r':
signalr.c:(.text._getpid_r+0x0): undefined reference to `_getpid'
path/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m/fpv4-sp/hard\libg.a(lib_a-writer.o): In function `_write_r':
writer.c:(.text._write_r+0x12): undefined reference to `_write'
path/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m/fpv4-sp/hard\libg.a(lib_a-closer.o): In function `_close_r':
closer.c:(.text._close_r+0xc): undefined reference to `_close'
path/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m/fpv4-sp/hard\libg.a(lib_a-fstatr.o): In function `_fstat_r':
fstatr.c:(.text._fstat_r+0x10): undefined reference to `_fstat'
path/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m/fpv4-sp/hard\libg.a(lib_a-isattyr.o): In function `_isatty_r':
isattyr.c:(.text._isatty_r+0xc): undefined reference to `_isatty'
path/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m/fpv4-sp/hard\libg.a(lib_a-lseekr.o): In function `_lseek_r':
lseekr.c:(.text._lseek_r+0x12): undefined reference to `_lseek'
path/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m/fpv4-sp/hard\libg.a(lib_a-readr.o): In function `_read_r':
readr.c:(.text._read_r+0x12): undefined reference to `_read'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:47: MX7_M4_Test.elf] Error 1

These errors are interesting cause many of them refer to undefined references. Id assume this is due to missing header files, but include paths to these header files have been provided (otherwise, the build process would have stopped before attempting to build the .elf file).

Any idea what might be going wrong?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
demoniacmilk
Contributor IV

To close this:

I had added source files for RTOS and and an example to my project, then iterated through attempting to build and adding missing include paths until the compiler was able to find all header files.

Some source files were missing in the project tree (platform folder in my case) so the linker could not find the sources for e.g. foo(bar). The compiler beforehand did not complain, as a function prototype for foo(bar) was included in the header files.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
demoniacmilk
Contributor IV

To close this:

I had added source files for RTOS and and an example to my project, then iterated through attempting to build and adding missing include paths until the compiler was able to find all header files.

Some source files were missing in the project tree (platform folder in my case) so the linker could not find the sources for e.g. foo(bar). The compiler beforehand did not complain, as a function prototype for foo(bar) was included in the header files.

0 Kudos